Faulty N75 valve??

mk4TDI1

TDI
2001 golf TDI
I am having some power issues at the moment and trying to diagnose it my self but I need advice. My car feels like it has no boost until I reach 2500-3000 rpm (usually I can only reach 2500 in first or second) then the car drives normally I have boost until I turn it off and the same problem occurs. Could this be the n75 valve? I don't have a mightyvac so I can't test the VNT actuator. Has this ever happened to anyone?

Let me know thanks

DanEboy

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GLS 2000 Auto
Is the check engine light coming/staying on?

And to clarify, you mean once you've gotten the car up to 2,500 rpm it's fine for the rest of the trip? And then the same thing on the next start-up?

mk4TDI1

TDI
2001 golf TDI
Is the check engine light coming/staying on?

And to clarify, you mean once you've gotten the car up to 2,500 rpm it's fine for the rest of the trip? And then the same thing on the next start-up?

Correct. After I reach 2500 rpm I feel the car pull and is fine until I turn it off. Upon start up same problem

I have a P0401 insufficient egr flow. I changed my egr valve but it's still on. Not worried so much about that code just want my car to run normally

DanEboy

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GLS 2000 Auto
Flaky maf?

It'll happen again even if you restart it immediately?
If so, it sounds like it is going into limp mode, and it likes limp mode better!

mk4TDI1

TDI
2001 golf TDI
Flaky maf?

It'll happen again even if you restart it immediately?
If so, it sounds like it is going into limp mode, and it likes limp mode better!
Yes it happened immediately. I stalled once and right upon start up the same problem happened. Idk what to do

russman

TDI
02 Jetta summer 00 Jetta winter wife's 04 Jetta
Have you cleaned your intake manifold lately ?