Factory tour in TN ?

mountain-valleymotors

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2013 Passat TDI
Tours are available to the public. Monday-Thursday at 9:00 AM 11;30 AM and 1:30 PM to groups of 20 people or less. You must be at least 14 years of age and the tour is free. It lasts about 90 minutes. You must reserve a spot in advance. Email tours@vw.com

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Sportwagen (boughtback); 2014 Passat TDI SEL (boughtback)
How about a GTG at the plant? We could ask all sorts of pointed questions, probably get ourselves kicked off the tour...never mind...

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
20 or less people... yeah, a TDI-club sponsored event likely would not fly. However, perhaps someone could arrange something a bit more 'special' with VoA. Granted, we would have to make sure to be polite, and not bombard the folks with stupid questions (or complaints :rolleyes: ).

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
...that would eliminate most of us:eek:...stupid complainers.

Maybe we should have a dedicated thread for those planning to visit the plant. With enough advance notice, we could probably hook up with fellow TDIClub members. (hmmm...not so sure about this...maybe the ultimate in "blind dates"!!!)

hhead

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat Tdi SEL premium
...that would eliminate most of us:eek:...stupid complainers.

Maybe we should have a dedicated thread for those planning to visit the plant. With enough advance notice, we could probably hook up with fellow TDIClub members. (hmmm...not so sure about this...maybe the ultimate in "blind dates"!!!)
One of the Duramax forums did this 7 or 8 years ago. We did a tour of the Flint plant. Only allowed 20 or so per group. I think we had over 100+ there.
We were actually the first group to ever tour the plant IIRC.
I'm in for a GTG.

Funny part of the tour. While walking the tour and talking with the workers, they thought we were there for job interviews!! But I would have loved to have stayed there a week, to see how to correctly take my truck apart!!

Last edited:

mountain-valleymotors

TDI
2013 Passat TDI
I am planning a trip to tour the Chattanooga plant this summer sometime. I will be taking all of my employees for a "field trip". There will be about 10 of us so that leaves room for another 10. I am hoping sometime in late June or early August.

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I am planning a trip to tour the Chattanooga plant this summer sometime. I will be taking all of my employees for a "field trip". There will be about 10 of us so that leaves room for another 10. I am hoping sometime in late June or early August.
Are you a car dealer? Indy or brand name? Does VWoA offer a "VIP" tour for folk in the industry?

mountain-valleymotors

TDI
2013 Passat TDI
I am a used car dealer that specializes in European makes and diesels. We also have a repair and service facility. I have a factory trained VW tech working as my shop manager. All of my employees drive VW's for their personal vehicles. So I thought they would enjoy a little trip down to TN for a tour of the Passat plant. Of course we will drive down in Passat TDI's as well.