Exhaust Hangers and Bumper Clips

SaulHeno

TDI
Golf 6 1.6
Hey! First post but basically I picked up a golf 6 TDI with a GTI bumper swap a few months back. I was a bit excited and may have bought a slightly less than mint vehicle.

Regardless

I snapped an exhaust hanger bracket the other day and I cant for the life of me seem to figure out what bracket I even need to buy, it does not look standard by any means. The previous owner stuck a twin pipe on it, but both sides share this hanger so it must be somewhat of a stock hanger surely? Anyways I just want to get rid of the zip ties currently holding the exhaust up right now, so any info on where to get a bracket similar to the one pictured would be amazing, I'm in Ireland but a part that small can be shipped to me easy. Heres the bracket in question

And now the bumpers. I recently had them touched up by a local lad who does bodywork, did a mint job, but he told me that whoever installed the GTI kit to the car did it woefully, and hadn't used a single clip. So the edges are sticking out as pictured. I cant get a straight answer as to what bracket I actually need to fit this and I would really like to get it sorted.

Thanks in advance!

90_zeros

TDI
2013 Golf TDI
Hey! First post but basically I picked up a golf 6 TDI with a GTI bumper swap a few months back. I was a bit excited and may have bought a slightly less than mint vehicle.

Regardless

I snapped an exhaust hanger bracket the other day and I cant for the life of me seem to figure out what bracket I even need to buy, it does not look standard by any means. The previous owner stuck a twin pipe on it, but both sides share this hanger so it must be somewhat of a stock hanger surely? Anyways I just want to get rid of the zip ties currently holding the exhaust up right now, so any info on where to get a bracket similar to the one pictured would be amazing, I'm in Ireland but a part that small can be shipped to me easy. Heres the bracket in question

And now the bumpers. I recently had them touched up by a local lad who does bodywork, did a mint job, but he told me that whoever installed the GTI kit to the car did it woefully, and hadn't used a single clip. So the edges are sticking out as pictured. I cant get a straight answer as to what bracket I actually need to fit this and I would really like to get it sorted.

Thanks in advance!
I looked under my car and did some browsing but I can't find that specific mount either. I'm sure someone here knows what it's called though.

As for the bumper, on the sides of the car are these slim clips that are pop riveted to the body. However, on the bumper itself is a tab that slides into that clip. If possible, can you confirm that you're actually missing clips or if the tabs on the bumper are broken?

SaulHeno

TDI
Golf 6 1.6
I was told on another forum that they are definitely aftermarket, so I am going to have to sort that myself. As for the wonky bumpers, The guy I had repaint them said I need "gti bumper clips" so i'm assuming the clips on the actual bumper itself are kaput, and not the frame. But im not 100% sure. All i know is that the previous owner had whoever installed it use a **** load of rubber adhesive to try hold it. I'm a bit afraid to remove the bumper myself as it is a GTI bumper on a TDI frame, but ill go and investigate a bit more.

FXF

TDI
2013 JSW 6MT
I just tore down a mk6 GTI front end, and it was almost identical to what's on my 2013 JSW as far as the bumper mounting goes. There are tabs in the bumper cover, and tabs on the plastic bracket that bolts to the bottom of the fender. They interlock with each other. The only difference I saw, is that the GTI used two screws to hold the bracket to the fender, and my JSW had three. There is also a vertical screw that secures the trailing edge of the bumper cover at the top, in the wheel well, above all the screws that hold the wheel well liner to the bumper cover.

That plastic bracket goes from the fender, under the headlight, and to the core support. It is easily broken, and costs a bit of money to buy new.

SaulHeno

TDI
Golf 6 1.6
I just tore down a mk6 GTI front end, and it was almost identical to what's on my 2013 JSW as far as the bumper mounting goes. There are tabs in the bumper cover, and tabs on the plastic bracket that bolts to the bottom of the fender. They interlock with each other. The only difference I saw, is that the GTI used two screws to hold the bracket to the fender, and my JSW had three. There is also a vertical screw that secures the trailing edge of the bumper cover at the top, in the wheel well, above all the screws that hold the wheel well liner to the bumper cover.

That plastic bracket goes from the fender, under the headlight, and to the core support. It is easily broken, and costs a bit of money to buy new.
Right ok i see, that gives me some hope, but after seeing the absolute disaster of an install this car has been through I really am worried they broke the plastic bracket under the headlight

FXF

TDI
2013 JSW 6MT
Right ok i see, that gives me some hope, but after seeing the absolute disaster of an install this car has been through I really am worried they broke the plastic bracket under the headlight

The tabs on the bracket click into the slots in the bumper.

When I tried test fitting the GTI bumper on my JSW it didn't want to click in on the passenger side. I strongly suspect I have a body panel alignment issue because the stock JSW bumper doesn't fit quite right either. That could definitely be part of why it doesn't fit right on your car.

SaulHeno

TDI
Golf 6 1.6

The tabs on the bracket click into the slots in the bumper.

When I tried test fitting the GTI bumper on my JSW it didn't want to click in on the passenger side. I strongly suspect I have a body panel alignment issue because the stock JSW bumper doesn't fit quite right either. That could definitely be part of why it doesn't fit right on your car.
Thank you!
Yeah well I recently discovered this car was in a right side collision at some point so. Body alignment could definitely be a factor.

I also got under again and found that the washer bottle had not been changed. So the stock TDI bottle is pushing on the right fog and pushing the bumper out. It just keeps getting better.

Thanks again those pictures are really helpful!