Excessive regen cycles

crustodd

TDI
Buying an '09-'12 JSW
Hello all,
I have a 2011 JSW. Bought it about a year ago, C.P.O. car, 68k on it when I got it. 1 previous owner, Portland Or. local car. It has had what seems like excessive regen. cycles since I bought it. It has the Kerma DSG and ECU tunes, but it has done the LONG regens before and after the tune. I drive a fair bit of miles daily with it, both highway and in town. Previous route delivery, now running Lyft. I don't drive very aggressively so as to be dumping a lot of soot in to the emmissions system. Anyone else experiencing this? Sometimes it'll stay in regen for an hr, if I'm in town, through multiple on-off cycles. Seems weird. I'm at just over 101k, still under the extended warranty

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.
If you are bellowing soot then your DPF is cracked or broken Inside.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914
Was your A DPF changed @ the "fix" when you bought it? Do you have any soot in your tail pipe (white glove test)?

Im realizing I, like you, fit the "uh-oh my driving type use will kill my DPF" catagory. I bought an 11 with a new DPF, the CPO gives me peace but Ill watch it like a hawk

Do I regret my purchase? Absolutely not. Excelent mpg, becoming extinct wagon with 6 speed. Topped off with warrenty on things like your DPF issue.

You obviously are alert and aware of your regen. A Polar FIS can help with info. justifying a new DPF before your coverage runs out.