Evidently things are moving a lot faster

PFCoppinger

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagen
I did not really want to do the buyback, at least not so soon, but my hand was forced after I was rear ended on the highway.

So I made the decision on Wednesday of last week, uploaded the various documents required on Thursday morning, got "green checks" within a few hours, and got the offer letter Friday morning. Today I uploaded the notarized acceptance and release, and am able to schedule an appointment. Without looking to other dealers in Central Massachusetts, mine is scheduling for next week.

That's actually too fast, because I have to find another car first. But, were I in a hurry, I could have gone from uploading my license and registration to turning the car in in about 10 days, total.

gulfcoastguy

Veteran Member
TDI
TDI sold, Mazda 3 purchased
I ended up having a rental for 2 nights and 3 days as my JSW was my only vehicle. Luckily VW paid me in about a day and a half from the buyback. I had already located the Mazda that I wanted and negotiations took about two hours. However they messed up my loan and purchase papers requiring two extra trips to the dealer and one extra trip to the DMV, not happy over that as each trip was 30 miles one way. the JSW was definitely more efficient at the pump but the Mazda isn't bad.

R4074

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SEL, 2014 BMW 328d xDrive Sport Wagon
I did not really want to do the buyback, at least not so soon, but my hand was forced after I was rear ended on the highway.

So I made the decision on Wednesday of last week, uploaded the various documents required on Thursday morning, got "green checks" within a few hours, and got the offer letter Friday morning. Today I uploaded the notarized acceptance and release, and am able to schedule an appointment. Without looking to other dealers in Central Massachusetts, mine is scheduling for next week.

That's actually too fast, because I have to find another car first. But, were I in a hurry, I could have gone from uploading my license and registration to turning the car in in about 10 days, total.
That is good news. I spoke with someone from the Executive Outreach Escalation Team team this morning and she indicated that a number of changes have been implemented in an effort to get things running smoother and more efficiently. Looks like based on your experience things might be moving in the right direction.

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
I had a similar experience. After reading the interview on Jalopnik with the plaintiff counsel, I decided to go ahead and do all the paperwork, and just file for an appointment when we're ready....probably not until late next year. All the paperwork uploads were done in two 15 minute sessions, with getting the offer notarized in between. Where a stage got e-mail response, it took less than an hour. Seems like the pipeline has cleared up.

cane929

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW TDI DSG S
I ended up having a rental for 2 nights and 3 days as my JSW was my only vehicle. Luckily VW paid me in about a day and a half from the buyback. I had already located the Mazda that I wanted and negotiations took about two hours. However they messed up my loan and purchase papers requiring two extra trips to the dealer and one extra trip to the DMV, not happy over that as each trip was 30 miles one way. the JSW was definitely more efficient at the pump but the Mazda isn't bad.
How do you like the Mazda 3 so far?

gulfcoastguy

Veteran Member
TDI
TDI sold, Mazda 3 purchased
Pretty good overall. The mpg isn't as good of course but it is decent. The steering is great and the power is good. The funky infotainment system is actually easy to use. I got the Touring edition and it has a lot of good safety features that saved money with the insurance company. I have come to love the dark blue color. There is more road noise but not more than I can live with, probably due to the 18 inch tires.

pikawel

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDI
A recent vehicle of mine had a 29 day turnaround from first submission to turn-in date. This is in the neighborhood of 120% improvement from my banged up JSW.

ezshift5

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI (Enroute BB).......2017 Jetta 1.4 turbo 5M ....................
A recent vehicle of mine had a 29 day turnaround from first submission to turn-in date. This is in the neighborhood of 120% improvement from my banged up JSW.

120% improvement is impressive.

I would appreciate additional comments vis-a-vis request for turn-in date submission via the "portal" (step 18?)......................... eg: How long do it take?

ez sends

Airpizz6

Veteran Member
TDI
Now TDI-free, but there now is a 15 MB E250 BT in the driveway
Turned my second one in today. Took around 15 minutes which included a wait while one of the staff removed the tags and handed them to me. Spoke a bit to the VW buyback agent about the company's plans for her. She mentioned that originally she was to remain at that location until program end in Dec 18. But they are reassessing the situation since things are now moving faster than expected. She has been alerted that she may be moved to the nearest Porsche Audi dealer in six months to handle 3.0L buybacks.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,

Shamless plug, if your looking for another VW, the Quirk VW dealer up in Manchester NH had a slew of Alltacks last time I looked. They are willing to negotiate under hold back once VW dealer incentives are taking into account.

bennybmn

Veteran Member
TDI
(Formerly) '11 Jetta 6 speed, Alltrack 6MT
Even if you had to wait, the timing thing is a huge issue if you don't have a beater to tie you over... I'm HOPING my Alltrack will be in this week. Ordered it in November ... Sold my car back last thursday. Luckily the dealer had a loaner for me or I'd be screwed. PS it took WAY longer than the 15 minutes most people are quoting, but I'm glad it's done.

Dasheight

TDI
2014 Sportwagen
Not all cylinders are working. I submitted my paperwork the same day as the OP - Apr 3 and have heard nothing. The Portal still says "under review".

And I cannot drive the car as the HPFP has failed so it's complicated.

fredthe

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SEL Premium DSG, 2015 Golf Sportwagon SEL DSG
Opting for the fix... uploaded documents Friday afternoon, documents accepted less than 10 minutes later, offer was in my email 0900 Monday morning.

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
Opting for the fix... uploaded documents Friday afternoon, documents accepted less than 10 minutes later, offer was in my email 0900 Monday morning.
In the system for the BB

Having 2nd and 3rd thoughts

Can't find a replacement at my (cheap) price point that is as good as what is parked in my garage

Darn, Darn, and Double Darn

The math

BB = $25,625 ~~ then less what I pay for the replacement

FIX = $6,701 plus $350 BOSCH plus the >$900 I do NOT pay for TT&L on a new replacement. ~~ $7,951-ish

But have to wait some time for the last $2,233

Love the warranty:D