everyone wants to race me??

stoner-tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
jetta sportwagen
Ok so not everyone. ... But I have noticed a handful of people “rev” next to me... Then I had someone call my jsw a hot hatch!?? Lol I had a v6 mustang pacing nest to me seeming like he wanted to race?? Maybe I'm going crazy haha or do other people have the same things happen?

Do most people not realize the jsw is the station wagon of the jettas and the tdi is not a gti???

frugality

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none, 2016 GTI
You need to do an emissions system delete and a stage 2/3...maybe a bigger turbo....and then you can give them a run in your swagger wagon.....

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
A handful of people want to race everyone. There is a stoplight in a remote area near me that is ideal for stoplight drags. I smoked a riced out Ford focus svt a week ago. It was great because he was obviously giving it everything, and I just walked away from him.

stoner-tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
jetta sportwagen
The deletes are in the future Im just waiting for all the junk to settle out with the tdi.. And I have to figure in how to tell the wife the cat that runs perfectly fine needs $1500 of parts

Funny thing is my last ride was a 08 Tacoma xrunner.. I originally had it supercharged from Toyota (bought it new and that kept the warranty) and had fun with that then I got tired of that and pulled it off and I put a turbo on it... The truck had a fat intercooler sitting in the front and no one would give me the ricer love I get in this cat lol... I do miss that truck... More speed it had.. It was putting down about 420 to the wheels...

skinnyb

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI
Yeah I get that frequently. We have a red light in our neighborhood that once you take off the lane reduces from 2 lanes to a single lane within 100 yards or so and the speed limit goes from 45 to 55. Most people pull up beside me and think they will have lots of time to merge... With the TDI torque, I pull out about 2-3 cars off the line and they don't have a chance to catch up in the short distance. Its rather comical to look thru the diesel haze in the mirror and see the shocked look on their faces...

ricks

Veteran Member
TDI
'10 Jetta Sportwagen
Yes they do, but not when I am driving my JSW.

If you have tinted windows, are lowered, and/or aftermarket wheels, it is just about guaranteed.

Last edited: