Everyone home safely?

vikingrob

Veteran Member
TDI
2021 Tesla Model 3 (delivery estimate May 2021)
I want to see all of you again next year - TDIfest has been fun the two times I went, and I didn't mind the drive back.

I just got home - I am typing this from my home in Minneapolis.

Jetter_Sprinta

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2 Peeps sharing 1 UseYerName//an array of cars
How about TeDeEye1 ? Last I heard he was going to be spending some extra time in the hotel :( whilst VW gets parts for his A5!

See HERE starting at post #11 What's the latest Frederick?

ben stevens

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta
back in the sunny south

arrived at 7:15 pm monday night after a 920 mile 14 1/2 hour trip.
49 mpg at legal I-95 speeds and saw a lot of people who are going to pay for their heavy feet. the "bears" were thick!!!

KEHI

TDI
JETTA 2000 SILVER
Yes I got home ok. I drove 50 mph all the way to keep the temp down. I think the thermostat opens at too high a temp. Will replace it thur.
Had a great time at the FEST. Looking forward to next year.

Hamsterdiesel

TDIClub Enthusiast , Veteran Member & HO5G CoFound
TDI
1999 Golf IV, Black and now 2015 Reflex Silver Passat SE
We are home - took a one day detour to Baltimore on Mon.

430mi in 6 1/2 hrs today........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......we are beat!

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
Just got in myself a few minutes ago. On Monday the weather was great in Philly, but Tuesday it got bad causing many delays plus Air Canada had computers system problems. The result was 3 different re-bookings, standby, etc to get home. I was almost stuck in Denver overnight as well, but it all got rectified. In the end I was only 5 hours late getting home and my checked baggage even made it!

Last edited:

foxstoy

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS, 5 speed , Red
Made it Home Monday late afternoon. What a great time over 1,950 miles log since Thursday. Loved every minute..... Thanks to all again.

EVONELLY

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2006 Touareg TDI
We made it back last night in one piece. It was 6052 miles round trip.

We will fly next time though.:)

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
nelly2400 said:
We made it back last night in one piece. It was 6052 miles round trip.

We will fly next time though.:)
You got home before me... YIKES you made good time.

meganuke

TDIClub Contributor, Vendor
TDI
2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid
Neil, it was great to meet you and Amie. I got my R32 pedals installed right after I got home, and the skid plate goes on tonight. Best of luck to you both in the future.

BKmetz

Administrator, Member #10
Staff member
TDI
2015 Passat, titanium beige, 6MT
I made good time going home, very close to what the computer calculated. Generally average traffic and despite the near constant rain, I only had to contend with a few heavy thunder storms. The rain kept the construction crews home so that made things easier.

I was on the phone today teasing some friends for not going, I had them moping after a few minutes. ;)

Found a website for Philly cheese-steaks fans. There are a few places in the Chicago area that rate good enough that I might make a road trip! :)

ericy

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI (wife's car)
So there I am on Monday morning. Have the car loaded up, and am ready to pull out of the parking lot. I look down, and the CEL is on. Figures....

Fortunately I had the VAG-COM that I had just purchased with me, and found that it was one of those glow-plug related codes, so there was nothing to stop me from getting home. Still, it is annoying to have yet something else to add to my list of things to look into....

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
Hamsterdiesel said:
430mi in 6 1/2 hrs today........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......we are beat!
Try 730 miles in 12 hours which is how I spent my Monday! :p

(But I grant you the excuse that you had to run a Fest and put in much time/effort to make same be a success!)

carnotgas

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta
Home Safe

I left shortly after the Banquet ended. I got home (near Albany, NY) 3:00 AM. Had a nap at a rest area. After the Rocketchip and nozzles it was difficult to hold the car back. I didn't want to get a ticket. I hope to see all of you next year. I had a great time.

EVONELLY

TDI
2006 Touareg TDI
Amie and I took turns driving and sleeping on the way back. After 48 hours and 2900 miles we hit Seattle. I guess we were home sick:D LOL.

CoolWht said:
Try 730 miles in 12 hours which is how I spent my Monday! :p

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
meganuke said:
Neil, it was great to meet you and Amie. I got my R32 pedals installed right after I got home, and the skid plate goes on tonight. Best of luck to you both in the future.
And a big hand to you for the 5am ride to the airport! And the pickup, it was VERY appreciated. As well as the impromptu gazillion hours you two did helping out at the fest. Got my luggage, but got a WICKED cold too. Ugh....Been laid up for 2 days already. Fever, cough....

meganuke

TDIClub Contributor, Vendor
TDI
2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid
Yeah, I'm dealing with the same thing. I hereby dub it the "FestFlu".

EVONELLY

TDI
2006 Touareg TDI
It was great to meet you too. There was so many nice people at the fest. We had so much fun.

Cheers.

meganuke said:

NathanMSL

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf, 2005, PD100, white
Well I finally made it home. I drove from Fayetville AR to Alvin Texas (600 miles) at 2000 rpm, and got 47.2 mpg. My mileage coming up to the fest pre(RC2) was 45 mpg so I definately saw an improvement.

2000 rpm is 65mph for those who want to know. My next trick is to figure out the soft coding on the speedo so it will reflect the actual speed. 2000 rpm is 75 indicated, but from gps runs I'm reading 10mph high in both 5th and 6th.

Well, I hope everybody had a good time, and I'll see you next year

Nathan

aka: SMKYTXN