Every time I'm in Europe...

gern_blanston

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf, '03, Silver
So I travel to Europe every year or so, and I always find something I can't live without. The last couple of times, it's been Polo TDIs.
This time, however, we finally encountered a VW TDI that my WIFE can't live without. This is saying something.
Cross Golf 2.0 TDI. Saw one sitting on the street here in Zurich. Dangit.

Drivbiwire

Zehntes Jahr der Veteran
TDI
2013 Passat TDI, Newmar Ventana 8.3L ISC 3945, 2016 E250 BT, 2000 Jetta TDI
Golf Plus.

I agree this would sell very well in the US, Personally I would drop the Golf line and replace it with this model with the 2L TDI and DSG.

DB

OilBurnerBob

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 99.5, black on black
That might have been what I saw her in San Pedro, CA, Thursday morning. I pulled into the local Home Depot lot behind two cars in 'burkas'... black shrouds with mesh for the window openings...

One was clearly a Tiguan and the other was quite small, like this vehicle, and it might have had a 'wing' on the top of the hatch - there was some projection under the shroud...

My original thought was that it was a Polo.

I was going to go over and speak to them in German when I came out of the store but they were gone.

Last edited:

alphaseinor

TDI Innovator, Gone but Not Forgotten
TDI
'03 Jetta TDI 780,000 miles (totaled out), 01 Audi TT 225 Quattro 230,000 Miles (runs great!), 00 Cabreetle Beetle dash, ALH & MK4 harness Swap
I've been debating learning German again (I spoke it at a native level when I was 4), just so I can find a job that takes me there more often... get rentals with diesels and take lots of photos to make the people stateside jealous.

gern_blanston

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf, '03, Silver
Drivbiwire said:
I agree this would sell very well in the US, Personally I would drop the Golf line and replace it with this model with the 2L TDI and DSG.

DB
Amen. I'd be awfully happy with a PD130 Polo and a Golf Plus, or the Cross Golf, which I believe is just a Golf Plus raised a couple of inches with a cargo rack.

alphaseinor

TDI
'03 Jetta TDI 780,000 miles (totaled out), 01 Audi TT 225 Quattro 230,000 Miles (runs great!), 00 Cabreetle Beetle dash, ALH & MK4 harness Swap
only if the matrix got 45 MPG

alphaseinor

TDI
again... another reason for me to brush up on my Deutch and get into a high paying position where I can go back to Deutchland.