EverStart Maxx batteries from Wal-Mart any good?

MrMopar

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none
Had to get a new battery for my Hyundai. Wal-Mart was the lowest price by far, $79.99 for 600cca with a 3 year free replacement warranty.

Do these batteries stack up to any of the competition?

VWBeamer

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
There was one in my 2004 TDi when I bought it. It was a little under 3 years old when I replaced it. BTW, it was the wrong battery for the car, it was only 780 CCA and the group 94 batteries are 985 CCA.

It would still turn the engine over if was warm, but one morning I went out and it was 30 degrees and it would not start.

MrMopar

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none
My car was built 10/08 so the factory battery was 4 years 2 months old. Testing showed about 350cca. I had just noticed that the car was cranking slightly slow during some 30 degree weather we had lately and wanted to get it taken care of before it completely failed.

Hyundai dealership was $160, Advance Auto was $113, Farm & Fleet didn't have anything that fit, and Wal-Mart was $80. I wasn't about to comparison shop 20+ other stores so I just went with the Wal-Mart option.

Dieselducky

Veteran Member
TDI
88 Jetta Diesel - 2000 Jetta TDI - 04 BMW M3 - 06 Kia Rio - F350 Superduty - 87 Buick GNX - Mobile Cranes
Get the group 94 one from Walmart

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
I've never had problem with them when I had to get a battery-always the cheapest I've found.

MrMopar

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none
I worked at Wal-Mart for 3 years and sold these batteries, but I honestly never paid much attention to them in regards to manufacturer, quality, etc. All I remember is that when someone brought one back for a warranty claim all I had to do was punch in the date of purchase from the receipt (or the month of manufacture if the customer didn't have their receipt) and the computer would spit out the claim amount towards a new battery. Free for 2 or 3 years depending on model, pro-rated for a couple more years.

Since I know that Wal-Mart is almost 100% reliable with this warranty I went there to purchase. It's about the only thing I know Wal-Mart is 100% good at.

TDI2000Zim

Veteran Member
TDI
VW hat meinen '14 Passat TDiSE getötet.
Had to get a new battery for my Hyundai. Wal-Mart was the lowest price by far, $79.99 for 600cca with a 3 year free replacement warranty.

Do these batteries stack up to any of the competition?
The Walmart battery I used in my other TDi was better than a Sears battery I had bought for the same car 18 months before for $120.

Better and cheaper, you can't beat that.