European TDI Fix Fails

Max Period

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Comfortline
This is what I see from the article's torque curves:

VW Passat Alltrack: Engine must operate at higher RPMs.

Skoda Yeti: Engine must operate at higher RPMs. More power at higher RPMs.

Audi Q5: Available power increased below 2,400 RPM / Available power decreased after 2400 RPM. Peak power and torque decreased.

VW Caddy: Available power decreased between 1750 and 2500 RPMs. No significant change of power past 2500 RPM.

VW Passat CC: Power decreased across entire operating range, but particularly severe below 2500 RPM (peak torque RPM post-fix)

VW Shaman: Power decreased across entire operating range, but particularly severe below 2000 RPM (minimum RPM for range of peak torque post-fix)

VW Golf: Power slightly increased across almost entire RPM range

Last edited:

VLS_GUY

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Bug, Skid Plate, Stage 1 Upsolute
Swedish Car magazine Conducts Testing on Impacts of Fixes

The Swedish Car magazine Teknikens Varid has conducted tests on 1.6 liter and 2.0 liter TDI equipped cars before and after having the emission fix applied. The 2.0 liter engines, the ones most similar to the engines used used by VW in North America are showing a drop in torque levels through out the RPM range. To reach a torque level reached before the fix you will need more RPM. This will likely increase fuel consumption for a given level of performance. The 1.6Liter engine had far less performance degradation.
The link to the study 1with 10 cars tested: http://teknikensvarld.se/dieselgate-volkswagen-cars-loses-power-after-fix-456111/ http://teknikensvarld.se/dieselgate-volkswagen-cars-loses-power-after-fix-456111/

VLS_GUY

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Bug, Skid Plate, Stage 1 Upsolute
Sorry I did not see this post before as posted later on this topic. The main difference is that the 1.6 Liter engines are the least impacted and the 2.0 Liter engines are more impacted particularly on their low end torque.

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
Those dyno graphs look quite "lumpy". I wonder how many runs they averaged in. The Passat Before graph is quite bad... looks like a boost spike.

-J