European Car Super Passat

S

SkyPup

This months issue of EC magazine has a pretty detailed article by James Sly on his personal 1996 VW Passat TDI that he uses for his daily ride. He has a Wetterauer chip with Techtonics Tuned exhaust in the Passat TDI and some nice 7.5"X17" SSR wheels with Sumitomo HTZR 205/40/17 tires.

The story is about the addition of a H&R threaded body coilover suspension set with 400 lb/in spring rates up front and 275 in the rear (compare to stock Passat TDI spring rates of 120 up front and rear progressives from 95-120 lbs.) He drives his TDI fast and appreciates the "overkill" this kind of spring and shock valving gives his TDI.

This guy is a serious TDI addict, why doesn't he cover TDI turbodiesel development more? Better yet, WHY is he not here on Fred's TDI page????

I have written him in the past and asked him to look at our page and give our TDIs some exposure, but I never heard back from him.

Any of you Californians have a chance to talk to him? He does good work and is a TDI OWNER!!!

Essayon

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta Auto, Silver
Didn't EC have a project TDI Passat back in 97? They never did much but appearance upgrades as I remember. That was the car that got me interested in getting a TDI.

I think they used the Wagon for the CD changer install article.

S

SkyPup

Yeah, this is a white '96 Passat Variant TDI (station-wagon).