European 02M 6 Speed clutch options?

Smooth_Puddin

TDI
03 Jetta TDi Wagon 6 Speed
Have been through hell and back trying to get my 02M 6 speed TDI wagon back on the road. Just replaced the throw out bearing for it to fail in 10 miles. I Imagine the clutch disk will be contaminated. Will gasser 02M 6 speed clutch kits work on my car such as the 1.8T GLI VR6, or the GTi? I’m putting it back to a stock tune until I get the funds to get a proper clutch for the power it makes. Budget is around 400 dollars. TIA.

wonneber

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagon,2003 Jetta 261K Sold but not forgotten
Maybe drive it easier until you get the $$$ ?
Did you replace just the t-o bearing?

Maybe wear pattern on the pressure plate?
Maybe something wrong with the pressure plate?
I usually didn't have luck with short cuts. :(

Smooth_Puddin

TDI
Maybe drive it easier until you get the $$$ ?
Did you replace just the t-o bearing?

Maybe wear pattern on the pressure plate?
Maybe something wrong with the pressure plate?
I usually didn't have luck with short cuts. :(
I drive it very easy, I just enjoy the 6th gear on the highway, pulls hard and passing semis is a breeze compared to my brothers completely stock TDI which is just scary slow.
I average over 50 miles to the gallon. Don’t think I can drive it any easier😉.

Was just looking for a cheap option but thankfully found a hell of a deal or at least I hope. Damn cars, would sell it but I know I’d regret it instantly.

psrumors

Veteran Member
TDI
MK4
Have been through hell and back trying to get my 02M 6 speed TDI wagon back on the road. Just replaced the throw out bearing for it to fail in 10 miles. I Imagine the clutch disk will be contaminated. Will gasser 02M 6 speed clutch kits work on my car such as the 1.8T GLI VR6, or the GTi? I’m putting it back to a stock tune until I get the funds to get a proper clutch for the power it makes. Budget is around 400 dollars. TIA.
I got a kit from Dark Side, don't remember what it cost but was very reasonable even with shipping to the states.

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
If it won't blow by trucks on the highway, taint working right. 6 speeds does nothing in that scenario. Unless of course you'll rolling along at 90+ MPH. Just my opinión of course .

Smooth_Puddin

TDI
If it won't blow by trucks on the highway, taint working right. 6 speeds does nothing in that scenario. Unless of course you'll rolling along at 90+ MPH. Just my opinión of course .
Not where you are getting at Bob. I’m just asking about clutch options. I really only need a friction disk but seems impossible to find.