Euro switch question

dzcad90

Rolex & gin
TDI
Jetta - 97 (RIP), '03 (Sold), '09
Does anyone know of the euro switch allows one to turn on the fog lights in the "auto" position?

Three times in as many months I've come out to a dead battery in the morning because I have left the light switch in the "On" position because I was using the fog/driving lights. Since the Passat leaves the parking lights on for a while after I leave the car anyway due to the coming home feature, I don't really notice. Since I use the fogs pretty infrequently and the auto lights feature works well, I instinctively don't check the light switch when leaving the car.

Even the bargain basement stuff GM puts out has a battery rundown protection circuit that protects against this.

If the euro switch can do this, I'll order it immediately.

gforce1108

Top Post Dawg
TDI
04 Jetta GLS BEW, 14 Audi A7 V6 TDI, 13 Porsche Cayenne V6 TDI
Does anyone know of the euro switch allows one to turn on the fog lights in the "auto" position?
Three times in as many months I've come out to a dead battery in the morning because I have left the light switch in the "On" position because I was using the fog/driving lights. Since the Passat leaves the parking lights on for a while after I leave the car anyway due to the coming home feature, I don't really notice. Since I use the fogs pretty infrequently and the auto lights feature works well, I instinctively don't check the light switch when leaving the car.
Even the bargain basement stuff GM puts out has a battery rundown protection circuit that protects against this.
If the euro switch can do this, I'll order it immediately.
Sorry - no, it does not allow you to select the fogs in auto... That's why I don't use auto hardly at all. When I do, it's only for the coming home/leaving feature. I manually turn my lights on well before the auto feature does (usually parking and fogs only via euroswitch)

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
The ideal headlight switch is the one they used in SAABs for 40 years. Turn 'em on, go crazy. When the car goes off, they go off. If you want to drive with the headlights off in daytime, just keep it off. If you're like us, and drive Canuck-style, leave 'em on all the time, no harm done. I can't remember the last time we turned the headlights off. (Yeah, yeah, I know, we burn up more H7 halogens. So what. Another benefit: they're pretty easy to change on those cars.)
Also, the fogs on our '04 9-5 also go off with the ignition.....
The headlight switch on our Passat is one of those things I'm less than pleased with.

tadawson

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL, 2015 Passat TDI SEL
My '97 Volvo is like that as well. Must be a Swedish thing . . . but I like it as well. Easy to turn things off when not needeed, and can't screw yourself by forgetting.

- Tim

goodtill

TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE
I had the same issue with mine and I thought it was dumb not to have an auto shutoff after a certain amount of time. I did fix the problem by toggling a switch in VCDS. I do not remember how I did it but if you do a search, I think you will find it.