Euro 2.0 TDI CR 140 vs 170

TheoSweden

Veteran Member
TDI
A3Q,A4Q, Passat Biturbo TDI
"Welcome back" :) I dont know the answer but i just think its fun your back, I thought you were lost to the gasoline devils or so, hehe.

Q5Freak

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi Q5 2.0 TDI QUATTRO
I cant tell about VW, but on audi engines its all the same except for Flywheel/clutch and Turbo.

Confirmed on ETKA. Same engine.

K.I.T.T.

Veteran Member
TDI
PD75
I know the EU and NA CR140s are different. I've not been able to find any internal differences between the EU CR140 and CR170. The turbo and clutch are uprated on the CR170, but I haven't been able to find any other differences. Injectors, head (comparing from the same time period - I know there have been revisions over time) and bottom end appear to be identical. This comes from my spare hours trawling ETKA.

Ash :)

Schwimmwagen

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 GSW TDI bone stock waiting for warranty to expire...
Thank you, just ordered an new VW Passat TDI 140 CR :)
Can these be ordered with 4Motion in Europe? The Tiguan is supposed to be coming to Canada late next year in TDI and I'm hoping I can get it in 4Motion and manny tranny.

Last edited:

asap03

Veteran Member
TDI
G5 1.9TDI PD 2007 BXE
Can these be ordered with 4Motion in Europe? The Tiguan is supposed to be coming to Canada late next year in TDI and I'm hoping I can get it in 4Motion and manny tranny.
Yes, they can. Both engine variations, 140 CP and 177 CP can be ordered with 4Motion. The difference is that the 140 has manual 6 gearbox and 177 has DSG 6.
For the non 4Motion TDI models you can choose the gearbox type between manual 6 and DSG 6.

Schwimmwagen

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 GSW TDI bone stock waiting for warranty to expire...
Yes, they can. Both engine variations, 140 CP and 177 CP can be ordered with 4Motion. The difference is that the 140 has manual 6 gearbox and 177 has DSG 6.
For the non 4Motion TDI models you can choose the gearbox type between manual 6 and DSG 6.
Thanks. I should have checked when I was at the delivery section at Autostadt a couple years ago!