erWin online - VW's answer (?) to Bentley Manuals

Hamsterdiesel

TDIClub Enthusiast , Veteran Member & HO5G CoFound
TDI
1999 Golf IV, Black and now 2015 Reflex Silver Passat SE
Has anyone signed up for this service? What are your thoughts on it as compared to the Bentley manuals of years past?

It has been suggested to pay for a month subscription and then download all your pertinent info. I'd like to know if anyone has done this and how did it work.

I feel naked without a service manual for my vehicle!:mad:

mishkaya

TDIClub Contributor
TDI
'06 Jetta 5MT, '10 JSW MT, '14 JSW 6MT
Has anyone signed up for this service? What are your thoughts on it as compared to the Bentley manuals of years past?

It has been suggested to pay for a month subscription and then download all your pertinent info. I'd like to know if anyone has done this and how did it work.

I feel naked without a service manual for my vehicle!:mad:
No need to get more than a day's subscription IMO. I have used them for service manuals for all the VW's I own. You can download all the manuals and TSB's you care to. You can save them for later viewing as the files are in PDF format. I have found it to be considerably cheaper than Bentley manuals, and the info is much more in depth as well. I am sure others will chime in with their experience.

kydsid

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat
Downloaded all the info in about an hour when i bought ours. Not used it a whole lot but its been well worth the ine time subscription fee.

d2freeman

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE
Same here, 1 day is plenty unless your internet is really bad. I downloaded everything for the passat and beetle in a few hours.:cool:

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Last edited:

gforce1108

Top Post Dawg
TDI
04 Jetta GLS BEW, 14 Audi A7 V6 TDI, 13 Porsche Cayenne V6 TDI
I've heard good things about it. I bought a copy of ElsaWin (clone of a service PC essentially) and it's not perfect for the Passat. It has most VW and Audis up to 2012 though so it's come in very handy, but not a whole lot of engine stuff on the NMS Passat (body, etc. fairly well covered).

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
erWIN is great. Buy a one day subscription and save all of the PDFs to your computer. One month is way more time (and money) than you need to spend to save everything.

JdC Machine

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Passat TDI SEL
erWIN is great. Buy a one day subscription and save all of the PDFs to your computer. One month is way more time (and money) than you need to spend to save everything.
I did just this. I have a folder with a ton of documents! Definitely worth the money! Not to mention, inexpensive!