Engine intake on 2015 VW Passat TDI

bbaecht

TDI
2003 jetta, 2015 passat
Hi,
Hit Bambi back in December. Ugh. Had VW collision place fix my car. Took them a month. Was a fairly small area of damage, passenger front corner. Got the car back, drove for a week before we realized that they didn't fix the window washer. Collision place kept another 2-3 days and finally got it back to us. Wife had me check into an issue she was having, and I noticed something that looks like something is missing. I attached a pic of my engine bay by where the intake is. I'm looking for another pic of a 2015 VW passat tdi that I can compare to. I should have taken a pic at the collision place when I picked up originally, but didn't. Collision guy is trying to tell me the missing piece probably fell down under the engine and out somehow, laying the ground work for billing me. Take a look at the pic and let me know what is missing.

AverageAndy

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL, 2013 Golf TDI 6MT, 2013 Jetta TDI 6MT (R.I.P.)
I'm not sure, but on my car (which is different) it is secured with 2 bolts. Looking at the part diagram, it sure seems like it has at least one secure mounting point. I would guess it is not common to just come off, as it is supposed to be directing cold air into the intake.

pedroYUL

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat CVCA; 2015 GSW CRUA; 2012 wagon CJAA; 2004 wagon BEW
Indeed held in place with 2 screws:

bbaecht

TDI
2003 jetta, 2015 passat
Thanks for the pics pedroYUL! Looks like it's somewhat large. Not quite sure how it would somehow fall off and out of my engine compartment like my collision guy tried to tell me. Sounds like I'm being played doesn't it? BTW, I see the snow in the pics. We had snow the past 2 days here. Granted it only lasted over night, but definitely ready for spring to start. :)

pedroYUL

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat CVCA; 2015 GSW CRUA; 2012 wagon CJAA; 2004 wagon BEW
We seem to swing from spring back to winter, quite annoying. Yes, you are been given lip service by those guys