Engine died while driving

Johnpdean44

TDI
2002 mk4 tdi
I have my 1.9 engine die this morning on my way to work . It started rite back up and hasn't done it again since . Is there anything it could be ? Possibly clogged fuel filter ? Tnx for any input

Johnpdean44

TDI
2002 mk4 tdi
I know it can be a plethora of things I'm just wondering what is the most common issue with this model . .my guess would be fuel filter or fuel pump

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
Fuel filter, or if it’s the 02 in your signature check the 109 relay, if it’s the old black one change it to the new grey one, or crank sensor / crank sensor wiring.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
You've given next to no info here, not much to narrow anything down.

Have you availed yourself of the car's OBD?

Johnpdean44

TDI
2002 mk4 tdi
Basically it shut off on my way to work on the freeway going about 65 . I pulled over and started it and its been running fine ever since . This happened on Monday btw . No CEL light on or anything. Oil level was a little low , seems like I have to add oil every so often .

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Yep, well, back to the OBD then. At least that will give you a possible clue as to where to start looking. If nothing is found, then the guessing based on pattern failures starts, and that could be a lot of things.