Engine cut out at 60mph

detroitmike

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat DSG
This afternoon I pulled out onto the highway, leisurely accelerated to 60 mph and was cruising along in 5th for about 3 or 4 miles when all of the sudden my engine loses power. I look down at the speedo and the needle drops to zero and yellow light comes on. NOT the glowplug light. It was on the left side of the speedometer circle of the cluster. It was on less than a second it seemed and I didn't get a chance to see which light it was. Well, this all happened for only about a second or two and then my engine restored power and the speedo needle went back to its proper position but there was a chime that rang for about 4 or 5 times. This chime was different from my seatbelt chime and I had never heard it before.

Everything seemed normal for the rest of the short drive but the car is now sitting at the dealer. I will call service in the morning.

I have had the third at thirty shudder and I know how that feels but this one really had me startled.

This new problem combined with third at thirty shudder, my wipers slapping the plastic at the quarter panel, rattles and squeaking about to drive me insane, not to mention the MAJOR issues that could be a problem in the future. I'm starting to think I made a really bad decision on purchasing this car. These may seem like minor problems but these types of things should NOT be happening to a car that is 7 weeks old and less than 7k miles.

tbone1989

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta TDI 6-speed
my car has shuddered before and has lost of rattles and noises as well, its going to the dealer on wednesday, its bullsh*t because we pay for new cars with no problems!

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
no you paid for a new VW.

Who told you that you bought a car that would have no problems? that's just crazy talk!