Engine cover parts - named?

brenda bit

TDI
04 Golf TDI
Greetings all! I'm a newbie. I recently purchased an 04 VW Golf TDI with about 68k on it. The engine cover, or what I assume is called the engine cover is missing 2 of the rubber grommets and the rear screw that hold it on, as well as the underside insulation. Any thoughts on where I can locate these and how hard is the install? Many thanks!

OnePutt

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf (Silver) | 2005 Jetta Wagon (Spice Red)
put a WTB ad in the classifieds section if you really want these pieces. many people take the silly plastic engine cover off as it's dead weight and I'm sure somebody will be happy to sell you theirs. You'd be looking for an engine cover for a 2004 or 2005 (BEW engine code). This is very easy to install.

As for the bottom belly pan, that is a piece that commonly falls off due to it's flimsy nature. Many will tell you that it's best to get an aluminum skid plate (which I believe are $300) and are sort of a PITA to install because you need to install a separate bracket for the installation and the riv nuts are not the easiest to install.

Check ECS tuning for replacement parts:
http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Jetta_IV--TDI/Search/SiteSearch/Belly_Pan/

tjsean0308

Veteran Member
TDI
MKIV wagon 5spd graphite blue
THIS should have all the part numbers you need there are many places to buy these. If you mean the insulation directly under the plastic engine cover as opposed to the belly pan. You cannot buy the foam with out the plastic cover. There is an additional piece of foam that wraps around the head listed as "sound abosorber" Item 17 in the diagram. That is not the piece attached to the cover but an additional piece.

At any rate all the attachment hardware is shown in that diagram. I replaced the foam under my engine cover with extra from a pelican case we had cut out for a larger piece of equipment at work.

Good luck.