Email from VW for 'Volkswagen Sevice'

dlmetzger63

TDI
2012 Jetta 6-sp man
This email came today from VW:

"Your safety is our number one concern. Hello,

Our records indicate that your Volkswagen model is a subject of an open campaign, but this action has yet to be resolved. This is an important matter that should be addressed today. When you call us, we can look up what campaign you missed, and we will tell you when we can fix your vehicle and how long the procedure will take. Repairs made as a result of a campaign are made at no cost to you, so please don't delay. It's important that you complete this campaign soon. Please call today to learn more."

Anybody have a similar email? Has anybody had the service done? I've 13K miles on the vehicle and already had the 10K service done by the dealer.

TDiSkater

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG Salsa Red
I got that 2 months ago? Did you get your yellow diesel fuel only stickers/plastic circle in the mail? I did and when I looked it up in the open recall area on VW customer portal, it showed as still open on my car.

MK6_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 B7 Passat TDI SEL
I had my yellow sticker replaced as the "recall" when I had my 10k service done last month. Sitting just under 13k and no email yet other than that being found out at the dealer.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

dlmetzger63

TDI
2012 Jetta 6-sp man
I got that 2 months ago? Did you get your yellow diesel fuel only stickers/plastic circle in the mail? I did and when I looked it up in the open recall area on VW customer portal, it showed as still open on my car.
I got the yellow diesel stickers and installed them. Maybe that's what this is about. Although they were installed when I had the 10K service done at the dealer. I'll call them today and see what the 'service' is.

lildevildee

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta w/6spd manual
I got the same notice, too. Right after that, I got an email for a service for my Jetta. I didn't take it in; I'll stick with doing my own maintenance.

dlmetzger63

TDI
2012 Jetta 6-sp man
After talking to the dealer, the email was for affixing the yellow diesel labels which I had already done and they hadn't noticed. So no new issue here.