Eligible Seller Identification period

banshee365

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta
So there is a cutoff date of Sept 16th, 2018 to identify yourself as an Eligible Seller to the powers that be in order to be a part of the settlement. I'm not sure if any of this is done automatically for some owners through VW's network or if 100% of the claims are required to identify themselves through the portal or mailing the form in.

If this is the case I can bet there will be lot's of people that miss out on the settlement by not completing this task by next month. I know 3-4 eligible owners that I need to make sure are following the process.

speedrye

Veteran Member
TDI
13 JSW DSG, 14 JSW DSG
So there is a cutoff date of Sept 16th, 2018 to identify yourself as an Eligible Seller to the powers that be in order to be a part of the settlement. I'm not sure if any of this is done automatically for some owners through VW's network or if 100% of the claims are required to identify themselves through the portal or mailing the form in.

If this is the case I can bet there will be lot's of people that miss out on the settlement by not completing this task by next month. I know 3-4 eligible owners that I need to make sure are following the process.
They will all need to register with none of it done automatically. If you know any Eligible Sellers, can you ask what, if anything, they've received from VW? I didn't know if you just knew eligible owners, or if they had sold their car during the 9/18-6/28 period.

banshee365

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta
All of the owners I'm referring to still own their cars and have prior to Sept 2015.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
So there is a cutoff date of Sept 16th, 2018 to identify yourself as an Eligible Seller
No, the cutoff date is September 16, 2016, but that cutoff only applies to Eligible Sellers. Eligible Sellers are people who owned an Eligible Vehicle before 9/18/15, and sold it after that date, but before 6/28/16. Anyone who sells an Eligible Vehicle after 6/28/16 gets nothing, and anyone who currently (or in the next two years) owns an Eligible Vehicle has until September 2018 to file a claim.

No claims are filed automatically--anyone who wants something out of this settlement will need to take the affirmative step of filing a claim.

banshee365

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta
Oh man I had it screwed up. So really the only deadline for eligible buyers is the October 1st 2018 date that a buyback date must be set.