Electrical Gremlin

RIP TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'15 GSW SE 6MT...... '01 Golf GLS 5MT.... '96 Passat Variant....
The label on the battery says "Made in Germany"...
Wow, the news just gets better and better...

I hope by the time my 3 1/2 year-old Enertec dies in the near future, my (West Coast) dealer has sold out their Enertec stock and now has Varta.

thundershorts

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 passat tdi sel premium 2015 golf s tdi gls tdi b5.5, 2002 eurovan,Peugeot 505 td,Citroen cx25 prestige
You could just buy a dry Varta and be prepared.

Bob S.

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A B4V, some ALHs & BRMs
Traffic during Covid times has not been so bad, and we've been using Waze for real time traffic updates.
Have you tried JBV1 on standalone. or even better with the Valentine V1Gen2? It really takes the best of Waze to an entirely new level. Recently the JBV1 aircraft alert saved my bacon. I am still learning that app. None the less, I have become a firm app user.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
No, we're on Apple iOS, not Android.

Have you tried JBV1 on standalone. or even better with the Valentine V1Gen2? It really takes the best of Waze to an entirely new level. Recently the JBV1 aircraft alert saved my bacon. I am still learning that app. None the less, I have become a firm app user.

thundershorts

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 passat tdi sel premium 2015 golf s tdi gls tdi b5.5, 2002 eurovan,Peugeot 505 td,Citroen cx25 prestige
Local dealer said they get Varta's from interstate distributor here. Very interesting, will call interstate tomorrow maybe avoid dealers markup.

thundershorts

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Here is the Varta story; Imported by interstate, wet, only allowed to be sold to vag dealers, no retail sales directly to retail consumers. what do you think of that?

thundershorts

Top Post Dawg
TDI
The Varta's may be agm as they may be also for start-stop audis. Probably branded VW-audi so they can't be sold by interstate directly to us.