EGR vacuum Pipe = Stall + Removing maf = no power

champagnecharly

TDI
2004 Sharan 1.9 tdi 130
Hi, I'm new on here.. recently purchased a 1.9 sharan and its sadly not without issues. I hope somebody can shed some light.
I have tried to and rule out fault MAF as I was getting readings in excess pf 200mg or 50% above specified. When i drove with maf diconnected it ran like of bag of nails. No power and i could barely get past 3000rpm. or 60mph

I also tried the blanking of EGR vacuum pipe but that resulted in stalling.
The EGR was absolutely caked even the entrance to the cooling pipe was almost entirely blocked when i cleaned.

Since cleaning the egr valve i am getting valve either at 84% or 4.4$ under throttle it does fluctuate a little in between but only for short bursts and it will be back at 84%

Could anybody please offer some suggestions? intake Pressure actual 1017.9 compared to 1020mbar without engine running and 1043-1050 at idle. Pressure is constant other than when throttle is pressed..

If somebody could offer an theory on what i happening here id really appreciate it?

Also note.. emissions pre egr clean were very high. Not got it tested sine/yet.

Last edited:

champagnecharly

TDI
2004 Sharan 1.9 tdi 130
Does anybody have any idea? 70+ views and no thoughts? I'd really appreciate some help/ input.

champagnecharly

TDI
2004 Sharan 1.9 tdi 130
Ok So i'm clutching at straws.

1) Rough running without maf connected is because the EU is dependant on EGR? and egr not working as it should
2) EGR 4.5 -85% doesnt seem to be full range. Although cleaned there is lack of vacuum to open/lose fully.. vacuum leak in hose or diaphram or solenoid?
3) Stall when vacuum pipe blocked off ie simple delete. has got me. could it be intake manifold is cruded up?
As said i cleaned the EGR and it was almost entirely blocked with muck. as was the end of the cooler pipe.

One other point to note.. i took 3" hose of egr body.. and saw oil around the area.. is that another sign that my diaphram is gone OR wont last.. I read it somewhere on this site.. however it seems strange given they get gunked up anyway so how is the oil sign of potential failure. surely the rubber used in the diaphram has resistance to oils..?