EGR delete

Rob Mayercik

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS, Baltic Green/Beige
NJ does emission check TDIs via OBD. I suspect a proper ECU tune with SW EGR removal might pass, but I can't speak directly to that as I'm not tuned.

DasBoost

TDI
Mk4 BEW Golf
I have dynamic EGR on my Malone tune. As stated above, it works great. Don’t have to worry about inspections here though.

KrashDH

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Golf
Guys I'd be wary of new posters coming in and asking about "deletes” and "what is the best" and "who does them"...red flags.

The EPA is cracking down huge right now on certain tuners, etc and have built their cases by random people signing up for the forum and then asking that question, and everyone answers with names, etc. Then they never post or contribute again.

This is happening right now on another forum I am apart of, and in the case (which is published) it even lists said forum as one of the sources used to build their case.

Just beware of what you say and recommend. There's already so much info out on the web if people want to do their own research, as well as the posts already on this forum.

I don't agree with what the EPA is doing because it's targeted at the diesel market, but just beware of these kind of posts in the future.

Nero Morg

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 A6 TDI, 2001 Jetta TDI, 2014 Passat TDI
It's not just Washington, Oregon is doing the same thing.

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
For those interested in doing this keep in mind there are a few ways to "EGR Delete".
Thanks for that info Krash, I almost posted some specifics yesterday.

KrashDH

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Golf
For those interested in doing this keep in mind there are a few ways to "EGR Delete".
Thanks for that info Krash, I almost posted some specifics yesterday.
No worries just like to put the information out there.
It's crazy the influx of new people on the other forum that just jump in and ask that question for "who, what, how, where". The majority of the tuners I've known for years and that have all been "popular" have either got taken down by the EPA already or forced to close their business for fear of the huge fines that basically run the small shops out of money.

On the other forum too, the moderators are actually locking any new threads that pop up with "the" question.

It's one of those things that it's a choice if you do it, and all the information is easily obtained or already exists on how to.