Egr delete kit

Mk3_Moe

TDI
1998 Mk3 TDI AHU
I’ve been looking lately for egr delete kits for my 98’ AHU and I’m only seeing them for the ALH. Are the egr valves same for both? If so I’ll just buy the Alh one

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
No. Not the same.
But you can easily make one.
Flat pice of steel and a few hose fittings.
If you want mine, I dont need it. I have to check to see if I still have the hose bypass.
You will have a CEL and if you hav inspections it will always fail unless you spend about $350 for a tune.
All in all $400 to get rid of an egr that isnt really a problem is dumb.
If yours is leaking I have replacment parts. The only thing worth fixing is the intake manifold into a pd130 or 150 with an egr bolt on. Thas only $200!

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
So long is nothing is leaking, just leave it be and tune it out. No real need to remove anything physically.

Mk3_Moe

TDI
1998 Mk3 TDI AHU
No. Not the same.
But you can easily make one.
Flat pice of steel and a few hose fittings.
If you want mine, I dont need it. I have to check to see if I still have the hose bypass.
You will have a CEL and if you hav inspections it will always fail unless you spend about $350 for a tune.
All in all $400 to get rid of an egr that isnt really a problem is dumb.
If yours is leaking I have replacment parts. The only thing worth fixing is the intake manifold into a pd130 or 150 with an egr bolt on. Thas only $200!
I just did my inspection yesterday and passed so now I wanted to do the delete since I don’t have to do inspections for another 2 years. For the tune, which one do you recommend for example does Malone tuning do egr deletes in their chip tunes?

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
The only reason to remove it is out of necessity and that probably does not mean you. An oil catch can on the ccv vent line would be beneficial but our low sulfur diesel really does not clog things up as they used to. Leave it alone. You will have a much colder car that may never warm up in winter if you do.
There are ways way cheaper to improve it vs remove it.
Unless your getting a performance tune, no reason to tune it for a egr delete. Your spending $ for no reason at all.
But it's your car.
If you want, do it. Just understand why and why not.

Mk3_Moe

TDI
1998 Mk3 TDI AHU
The only reason to remove it is out of necessity and that probably does not mean you. An oil catch can on the ccv vent line would be beneficial but our low sulfur diesel really does not clog things up as they used to. Leave it alone. You will have a much colder car that may never warm up in winter if you do.
There are ways way cheaper to improve it vs remove it.
Unless your getting a performance tune, no reason to tune it for a egr delete. Your spending $ for no reason at all.
But it's your car.
If you want, do it. Just understand why and why not.
Yeah I’ve read a lot of about there’s no point of taking off and there’s ups and downs about it, my location where I live it doesn’t get as cold as certain places the coldest it gets is probably 31-35 degree Fahrenheit. But I am definitely getting a tune but idk about egr delete. What kind of injectors do you recommend for a stage 1.5 Malone tune?