EFT Transfer

Tenebrae

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 VW Jetta TDI Premium with Nav TURNED IN 03/10/2017
Yeah, I think it was one of the 13 steps or whatever in the initial sign-up process. I just went over my online docs and didn't find a way to go back and change it. If anybody finds a way to change it, please let us all know.

-T.

jen_madcity

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI SEL
When I scheduled my buyback appointment, the site said that EFT selection would get me an earlier buyback appointment, so that's what I chose. However, I have yet to hear from Chase about setting up an account. For those of you who got the email from Chase about the EFT, when did that happen?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ericy

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI (wife's car)
Your returning to Stohlman right? I am scheduled for next Wednesday there.. I will update everyone on TDI club once its gone about how the process went. I may be one of the first to actually dump their car on here!
Yes, Stohlman. If I didn't have to go to work, I would come by with some beer and we could have a tailgate in the parking lot :D.

Last edited:

prenvw

TDI
VW sportswagen
Yesterday, after booking my turn in appointment, I read here that there was supposed to be a selection of check or EFT, which I did not see. So I went so far as to cancel my turn in appointment, and re-book a second time. On the second try, I STILL did not see any choice of check vs EFT, and there was nothing that told me to go back and make such a choice.

And at the step where I am, I can find no way through the vwgoa web site of going back and making the selection. I called the CLAIM number, and the person there was full of misinformation. She thought that there were two separate turn in appointments. One, where you bring the car in and they verify mileage, VIN, and inspect the car, and then, on another day, you actually turn in the car and get paid.

After hearing that, I knew that rep would not be a source of any useful information, and I said good bye.
I n my case, I was asked when I returned the offer, not when scheduling.

Snowmobileaddict

TDI
2011 Jetta Sedan TDI
I n my case, I was asked when I returned the offer, not when scheduling.

Same here.

Last week when I got email saying my offer was available for downloading printing and notarization, I accessed the portal to retrieve the offer and one of the steps prior to printing the offer was selecting EFT or paper check.

That was last time I was asked by the portal on payment preference. As of yesterday my buyback appt is booked for 2pm on Dec 7th at Hall VW Brookfield. As of this writing I have gotten no email from VW regarding Chase Bank or their QuickPay product.

prenvw

TDI
VW sportswagen
Same here.
Last week when I got email saying my offer was available for downloading printing and notarization, I accessed the portal to retrieve the offer and one of the steps prior to printing the offer was selecting EFT or paper check.
That was last time I was asked by the portal on payment preference. As of yesterday my buyback appt is booked for 2pm on Dec 7th at Hall VW Brookfield. As of this writing I have gotten no email from VW regarding Chase Bank or their QuickPay product.
Same here...waiting for the "email" about EFT.

Also I just checked with my "confirmed" appointment online, and found out they pushed back the appointment time by one hour without informing me. I assume there will be a reminder a couple of days before the appointment so I will know for sure.

wilcharl

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI BOUGHT BACK 23 NOV 16. Now owner of 2016 Jeep Cherokee
Yes, Stohlman. If I didn't have to go to work, I would come by with some beer and we could have a tailgate in the parking lot :D.

If it wasn't for work I'd be there too. I plan on dropping it and then taking metro back to work

Conrad -JSW

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 JSW DSG
When I scheduled my buyback appointment, the site said that EFT selection would get me an earlier buyback appointment, so that's what I chose. However, I have yet to hear from Chase about setting up an account. For those of you who got the email from Chase about the EFT, when did that happen?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The above was my experience exactly.

Nothing from Chase but I have an appointment for 11/29 for buyback. I selected 3:30 (local dealer time) and the e-mail confirming this had 3:30 as the time. Yet when I go back to the claims website it says 4:30 (local dealer time) :confused:

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI sedan, sold back 12/16. Present cars 2013 BMW X5 diesel, 2015 Corvette convertible

Nothing from Chase but I have an appointment for 11/29 for buyback. I selected 3:30 (local dealer time) and the e-mail confirming this had 3:30 as the time. Yet when I go back to the claims website it says 4:30 (local dealer time) :confused:
Rather than sweating it, I would show up at 3:30 and bring a magazine to read.

az7000'

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDI (gone), 2014 Passat TDI (gone), 2014 Touareg TDI (Amazing!)
And make sure you have emptied your VW credit card, you look great in that VW hat!

uncle fishhead

TDI
2012 Golf
Weird. I had a 1:30 appointment on 12/2 at Clay Cooley VW in Richardson, TX.....and now the claims portal site shows it at 2:30.

I guess that gives me another reason to keep squandering time on this site, following the ever-changing world of the buyback oddities. :)

jims2321

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 VW Jetta TDI 6mt, sold back, replacement 2017 Golf GTI Autobahn
Mine is still 11/25

AutoNation Volkswagen Mall of Georgia - Buford 3711 Buford Dr Buford, Georgia 30519

Nov 25, 2016

4:00 PM (dealer time zone)

And I am doing the EFT. I contacted the dealership. He was going to check to confirm. For those of us turning in a car, bring your account and routing information with you at turn in. I suspect after the inspection and paperwork, the VW agent will collect your banking information at that time.

chadbag

Veteran Member
TDI
2x 2013 JSW (1 manual BOUGHT BACK 12/20/16, 1 DSG BOUGHT BACK 1/14/17), Audi A3 e-tron gas-plugin-hybrid, gas Volvo V60
Weird. I had a 1:30 appointment on 12/2 at Clay Cooley VW in Richardson, TX.....and now the claims portal site shows it at 2:30.

I guess that gives me another reason to keep squandering time on this site, following the ever-changing world of the buyback oddities. :)

It appears times are being scheduled in Eastern Time. You set according to your timezone but the database stores it as ET which is then displayed back to you when you look at it etc.

Whoever did this website / web app for VW should give the money back.

ericy

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI (wife's car)
It appears times are being scheduled in Eastern Time. You set according to your timezone but the database stores it as ET which is then displayed back to you when you look at it etc.

Whoever did this website / web app for VW should give the money back.
Yes, I am in Eastern, and I haven't seen any anomalies with times jumping about.

The people that designed the website are probably the same ones that wrote the ECU software. When will they ever learn :D.

Mr. Furious

Veteran Member
TDI
None
The people that designed the website are probably the same ones that wrote the ECU software. When will they ever learn :D.
Nah, if the people who wrote the ECU software did it they'd make it look like documents were being processed according to the timelines specified in the settlement, but only during an audit.

Conrad -JSW

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 JSW DSG
And make sure you have emptied your VW credit card, you look great in that VW hat!
I've already emptied the spend anywhere card but I have the full $500 left on the dealer only card. I'm replacing my VW with a Mazda and I'll be using that $500 towards the Mazda since my dealer has both VW and Mazda stores.

MacBuckeye

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta
Turn-in date still showing original schedule time. No changes.
T-minus 21 days..... :D

btw... Enjoying my new vehicle. Driving more, worrying less. No more turbo failures. No more HPFP worries. No more door locks needing replaced. I'll soon be posting in the "VW stuff 4 Sale" forum. Oil, wipers, oil filter, VAGCOM, etc. Oh the irony!

prenvw

TDI
VW sportswagen
Turn-in date still showing original schedule time. No changes.
T-minus 21 days..... :D
btw... Enjoying my new vehicle. Driving more, worrying less. No more turbo failures. No more HPFP worries. No more door locks needing replaced. I'll soon be posting in the "VW stuff 4 Sale" forum. Oil, wipers, oil filter, VAGCOM, etc. Oh the irony!
Just curious, what is your new vehicle?

rfortson

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta Surfwagen TDI
I don't remember ever selecting a check or EFT at any point so far, and I have a sell back appointment on Dec 3. I know I have not submitted any banking information for an EFT.

I assume I will get a check at the closing, and if I don't, I can give them my banking information at the closing. Or elect to be mailed a check.
Yeah, this is me, too. I honestly don't remember selecting anything, but I usually elect the electronic option on things like this. However, I'm scheduled for 11/29 and I haven't seen anything about any banking information. I'll just bring my checkbook with me.

rfortson

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta Surfwagen TDI
I've already emptied the spend anywhere card but I have the full $500 left on the dealer only card. I'm replacing my VW with a Mazda and I'll be using that $500 towards the Mazda since my dealer has both VW and Mazda stores.
I believe those expire pretty soon. You'd better double-check the fine print.

rfortson

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta Surfwagen TDI

Well, thanks for the note. I decided to check mine and it's the same as yours. Now my appointment is 5:30 instead of 4:30. I'm planning to get there early, but it will be a pain for my wife who will be coming to pick me up later. Driving across Houston around that time is an all-day affair.

chadbag

Veteran Member
TDI
2x 2013 JSW (1 manual BOUGHT BACK 12/20/16, 1 DSG BOUGHT BACK 1/14/17), Audi A3 e-tron gas-plugin-hybrid, gas Volvo V60
Well, thanks for the note. I decided to check mine and it's the same as yours. Now my appointment is 5:30 instead of 4:30. I'm planning to get there early, but it will be a pain for my wife who will be coming to pick me up later. Driving across Houston around that time is an all-day affair.
Your appointment may still be 4:30 CT. They seem to have a time zone problem and are defaulting to ET when saving or something so when you get it back you get the ET equivalent of the date you put in.

Conrad -JSW

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 JSW DSG
I believe those expire pretty soon. You'd better double-check the fine print.

The cards expire at the end of November.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
The cards expire at the end of November if they were issued in November of last year. There's no reason to assume that's the case for all of the cards. And if someone's card is expiring this month, they can get a replacement card for $5, good for another year.

chadbag

Veteran Member
TDI
Before I used them up, mine expired end of December. It all depends on when you filled out the form to get them and when the bank doing it for VW issued them. They are good for 1 year after issue.