Edge Insight CTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nerdkiller

TDI
98 Beetle TDI
Hi, just trying to give back to my fellow TDI'ers. There is this new product called the Edge Insight CTS. Go to the website and watch the video. It is a touch screen that does all the stuff the scan gauage II does but it does a whole lot more and it is alot cooler for sure.

I talked to the company and it should work with all of our Jettas that are OBDII which I think are 96 or newer.

Also on a side note I have been testing some projector headlights for the A3. The first set I got sucked. They have plastic lens. The next set that I ordered have glass lens.

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
It has potential, but it is obviously made for trucks - there is no indication if/how it will work with TDIs. I would love it if it were programable to monitor any measuring blocks that VCDS can look at. I think I'll wait for someone else to spend $400 and tell me what it can do for my VW. For anyone interested here's a link that probably should have been included in the OP.

http://www.edgeproducts.com/whats_happening.php?whak=52

Have Fun!

Don

Nerdkiller

TDI
98 Beetle TDI
Ya, I could have included the link. But I figured everyone here can use a computer by now. I already said in my original post. I talked to the company several times. It does work with our cars. They guy I talked with said he is using one now on his 96 nissan maxima.

He said it will read all data that is on the data bus. Also if for any reason the customer doesn't like it. There is a 30 day return.

So many people on here are cheap asses. They want everyone else to lead them by the hand and tell them all the good stuff. If you are one of them don't reply to this thread. Just go to autozone and by the scan gauge II.

For me it is a great deal because I don't have to buy all these gauges and then mount them. I can change what I am looking at and it is upgradeable.

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I am not cheap, nor do I need (or want) somebody to lead me by the hand. It's just that I have been burned before by companies who promise the moon and then deliver only a picture of the moon, if you know what I mean. I don't need promises or attitude (yours, or a companies), I need facts. I want to know how I set it up so that I can have an OBDII Boost gauge (preferably in PSI) and EGT1 and EGT2 sensors. If I know I can do this, I'll buy one today. All of these are available in VCDS, but not in any other aftermarket "multigauge" I've ever seen. I have learned the hard way never to trust a salesman who is trying to sell me something.

I don't have (or want) a ScanGauge, because it won't do everything I want. It's the same reason I don't have a PLX OBDII MultiGauge. It is why I do have VCDS.

BTW: as a Newbie, it's not a very good idea to begin by insulting the other members in your first thread. Just a thought...

Have Fun!

Don

dadsdiesel

Veteran Member
TDI
'99 NB TDI
Out of curiosity, I took a look at this edge unit -

I agree with JSWTDI09 that if in fact we could see at least boost with this, I would be interested - I understand that we wouldn't see EGT's since we don't have ECU monitoring for it.

But, if this original poster has anything to do with these Edge products, I will stay away - what a way to promote a product......

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I understand that we wouldn't see EGT's since we don't have ECU monitoring for it.
Actually EGTs are available from the ECU on 2009+ TDIs. EGT is intimately involved with the emissions system control and is therefore EGT is monitored by the ECU both before and after the DPF. This may not apply to your car, but it does to mine. For your car you would probably have to purchase the optional EGT probe.

Have Fun!

Don

dadsdiesel

Veteran Member
TDI
'99 NB TDI
Thanks for the info Don - always learning something here!

I am passively looking for a boost gauge right now - that is why this item sparked my interest.

If in fact I could monitor boost plus other parameters with this, I would be interested.

Nerdkiller

TDI
98 Beetle TDI
I am not a newbie, I didn't talk to a salesman, I don't have ANYTHING to do with the company. I am NOT trying to promote this product. I was just trying to share information. You THINK you are a "know it all".

You are a cheap ass if you think 400 dollars is alot of money. It has a 30 day money back period. If you know everything did you read that part? What else do you want? Someone to personally come to your house and install it for free and show you how to use it?

Who cares if you don't want it? If you don't like it why did you post? My name says newbie because I don't post to ever thread with meaningless dribble, bashing every bit of information that is given.

But I am cured of posting. Why share information with anal sphincters?

Face it, not everyone on this forum is a loser that just sits around and looks at the internet. Some people instead of just reading, they are doing. There are a few here that are leaders, the rest just follow and complain all the time.

What gets me is, why does anyone even post if they don't actually have one or used one. How could you possible even have an opinion? I am going to buy one because I can't lose. If you don't like it after 30 days you can GET YOUR MONEY BACK. But you can count on the fact I am NEVER going to tell you how it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.