edc15 tuning... getting into the game! very basic questions

gmenounos

Vendor
TDI
'99.5 Golf GLS, '01 Jetta GLX Wagon (TDI conversion)
I may be able to help if you get stuck. VS/.NET/C# is my day job -- and my nights/weekends job (kw1281test).

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
82 rabbit vnt ahu, 98 jetta vnt ahu, 05 parts car, 88 scirocco.. :/
thanks for the offer. i'm kinda rusty. it was basically 20+ yrs ago the last time i did serious c/c++ programming, and all on unix/linux. emacs/vi, makefiles, creating GUIs with "motif" etc... heheh. this microsoft crap makes my brain hurt. really painful to my sensibilities as a programmer. i'm rather particular about whitespace, and organizing things in a very modular/structural way. and i miss having my pointers and simple char arrays.... i've mostly been getting stuck on really stupid things like how to get out a substring from an array of bytes using this fluffy c# sh*t. lol. but it's starting to move along, usually some quick googling and re-compiling and i'm back on my way.

but it's getting serious now. i'm getting in way deep :oops: got my hands on an a2L file for my wifes 2006 golf BEW ;) my version of "edcsuite" is going to be radically different - but basically the same user interface for map editing/viewing, which i really like.

you can see down below right extracting ecu info from the binary

m1ketdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Leon BKD
Happy to be a sounding board for useful maps that you might need. But assume you have found the edc16 funktionsrahmen and can work out most things!

arazvan2002

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A4 B6 1.9TDI AVF quattro
thanks for the offer. i'm kinda rusty. it was basically 20+ yrs ago the last time i did serious c/c++ programming, and all on unix/linux. emacs/vi, makefiles, creating GUIs with "motif" etc... heheh. this microsoft crap makes my brain hurt. really painful to my sensibilities as a programmer. i'm rather particular about whitespace, and organizing things in a very modular/structural way. and i miss having my pointers and simple char arrays.... i've mostly been getting stuck on really stupid things like how to get out a substring from an array of bytes using this fluffy c# sh*t. lol. but it's starting to move along, usually some quick googling and re-compiling and i'm back on my way.

but it's getting serious now. i'm getting in way deep :oops: got my hands on an a2L file for my wifes 2006 golf BEW ;) my version of "edcsuite" is going to be radically different - but basically the same user interface for map editing/viewing, which i really like.

you can see down below right extracting ecu info from the binary
If you need more a2l and other stuff for edc16/17 or other things for edc15, send me a PM.