EDC 16 (A5) Lambda (O2) Sensor Measuring Block in VCDS - Which One?

A5INKY

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI, 2002 Eurovan Westphalia VR6
Car is a 2006 Jetta BRM and I am looking for the correct measuring block in VCDS (HEX + CAN) for the oxygen (lambda) sensor feedback. Anyone know where to point me?

I found 6 or 8 measuring blocks (high 30s to mid 40s) labeled as various Lambda functions but no data that is making sense as simple sensor readings.

Thanks in advance,

A5INKY

TDI
Thanks Sebastian, but I think the North American cars must have different MB assignments.

I just got a look at the North American MBV list for the BRM issued my VAG. Looks like the value I am looking for will either be MB 30, field 3 -OR- MB 40, field 4.

I should be able to check it out latter today and will post back my findings for future searches.

Sebastian

Vendor
Have you actually looked that that MVB or are you telling this based on some fancy document VW made which you believe is correct?! :)

...or in other words...

No, the NAR BEW/BRM uses the same MVB basis as the RoW Engines for those blocks and I have double checked this before giving it to you based on a BEW map but if you want to name your ECM P/N and SW Version I'll be happy to check that specific one as well. ;)

A5INKY

TDI
Have you actually looked that that MVB or are you telling this based on some fancy document VW made which you believe is correct?! :)

...or in other words...

No, the NAR BEW/BRM uses the same MVB basis as the RoW Engines for those blocks and I have double checked this before giving it to you based on a BEW map but if you want to name your ECM P/N and SW Version I'll be happy to check that specific one as well. ;)
I did see the actual MVB (at least it looked like it), but it seems wrong too. I am using Ross Tech VCDS Release 10.6.4 and a HEX + CAN cable and get these readings:

Group 74.3 is labeled "No Units", reads 1.00
Group 30.3 same label, reads 0.0
Group 40.4 same label, reads 1.00

Only thing I found that even changes in the Lamba labeled groups is 33.4, reads "Mass Flow" in g/h and varies with engine RPM.

Without digging out the actual ECU, I found these numbers with VCDS:

VAG # 03G 906 016 AB
Software (2 numbers) # P0101 HAS7
Hardware # 028 101 223 8
Serial # VWZ7Z0E3108135

Thanks for helping me, I really appreciate it.

Sebastian

Vendor
I am trying to understand why you think this is wrong? Lambda values are often provided like this. So what makes you think this is not a lambda value or what exactly do you expect to see?

MVB 040.4 and 074.3 are identical, both show (as said) the lambda value. MVB 030.3 is NOT relevant for diagnostics, it's related to the oxygen concentration.

A5INKY

TDI
Doesn't seem right because those fields read 1.0 and do not change while car is operated. Was looking for dynamic sensor output.

My reason for seeking this data is data logging for my tuner. My car has very custom turbo and injector hardware with very custom software tuning. Lambda mapping is something that is being looked at for fine tuning. We suspect it may affecting top end power.

You seem to have some insight into this topic. Educate me if you please :). Not only would I like to find this data field, I am also curious if you could shed any light on how the ECU uses that data feedback.

Thanks,

Sent from my POSberry using Tapatalk