ECU not covered under extended warranty!?

msdg137

TDI
09 Q7 TDI
My 09 Q7 TDI was suffering a random g31 code upon turning the ignition on. The code was a map vs baro correlation code.(Baro in the ECU) limp mode, barely moves itself.
Off to the dealer.
The map sensor(covered under warranty) did not resolve the issue and was swapped back to original.
I was told it could be the ECU and it is most likely covered under warranty.
The tech support told the dealer to run an overlay harness from the g31 to the ecu and re pin.
I asked why wouldn't you check voltage resistance and continuity?...
The dealer was told they needed to run new wires to the sensor before Audi would approve a new ECU.
When reading the MAP and Baro, Key on Engine Off, the MAP read whatever the barometric pressure was in the weather forecast. When reading the baro it would read world record high pressure last seen in Siberia around 1969...
Paid to have the overlay installed to appease Audi USA. Make the hour drive to the dealer turn the key and pull it into their bay, same deal...
Day later, the ecu is not covered, not in the US, and $2800 3 weeks out if we're lucky.
I've been without a car for nearly 2 months.
Why not cover an obsolete ECU to save a car and save some dignity?
No one will pay 3grand for a computer and programming on that old of a car.
VAG will be paying someone to sort through and scrap this ecu in 5 years so why be greedy?
What are my odds of buyback at this point? Ive already submitted the request.

I'm open to thoughts rants raves insight.
I hate to give up on my love of TDI's but the Q7 is looking like the end of my adventure.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
That special warranty is great, isn't it? (sarcasm).

The barometer on the ECU board may be able to be repaired by a qualified person. That is an odd failure, but it does seem that it is indeed internal.

The tuners may even be able to help, as they may know someone who can fix it or know how to at least plug in a fixed value for it so the engine will at least run fairly normally.

msdg137

TDI
09 Q7 TDI
My snafu is that If the dealer didnt tell me it would be covered under warranty I would have had the ECU cloned a month ago and never paid for all the nonsense repair attempts up to this point. Im not out a lot of money, its more the 8 hours of driving to the dealer with a 10 month old in the car and soon to be 2 months of it not being repaired.

Pretty sure this says ECU in there...

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
RIP-2010 Jetta 6spd 2014 Touareg Execline
The vehicle is 12 years old.
Without all the details, that statement doesn't provide any clarity.

 10 years or 120,000 miles, whichever occurs first from the vehicle’s original in-service date;
OR
4 years or 48,000 miles, whichever occurs first, from the date and mileage of the emissions modification

jetta 97

Vendor
TDI
2 X Jatta MK5 2006
My 09 Q7 TDI was suffering a random g31 code upon turning the ignition on. The code was a map vs baro correlation code.(Baro in the ECU) limp mode, barely moves itself.
Off to the dealer.
The map sensor(covered under warranty) did not resolve the issue and was swapped back to original.
I was told it could be the ECU and it is most likely covered under warranty.
The tech support told the dealer to run an overlay harness from the g31 to the ecu and re pin.
I asked why wouldn't you check voltage resistance and continuity?...
The dealer was told they needed to run new wires to the sensor before Audi would approve a new ECU.
When reading the MAP and Baro, Key on Engine Off, the MAP read whatever the barometric pressure was in the weather forecast. When reading the baro it would read world record high pressure last seen in Siberia around 1969...
Paid to have the overlay installed to appease Audi USA. Make the hour drive to the dealer turn the key and pull it into their bay, same deal...
Day later, the ecu is not covered, not in the US, and $2800 3 weeks out if we're lucky.
I've been without a car for nearly 2 months.
Why not cover an obsolete ECU to save a car and save some dignity?
No one will pay 3grand for a computer and programming on that old of a car.
VAG will be paying someone to sort through and scrap this ecu in 5 years so why be greedy?
What are my odds of buyback at this point? Ive already submitted the request.

I'm open to thoughts rants raves insight.
I hate to give up on my love of TDI's but the Q7 is looking like the end of my adventure.

If you find USED ecu I can program it and it will cost you 5 times less then when they quoting you .

Send me Message and I will get you price .

One thing I will tell everyone , I have so much bad experience with those "REPAIR " Services. Every moth I get at least 2-3 ECU that was "REPAIRED' and end up getting second hand ECU and program it .

jetta 97

Vendor
TDI
2 X Jatta MK5 2006
If you find USED ecu I can program it and it will cost you 5 times less then when they quoting you .

Send me Message and I will get you price .

One thing I will tell everyone , I have so much bad experience with those "REPAIR " Services. Every moth I get at least 2-3 ECU that was "REPAIRED' and end up getting second hand ECU and program it .
Today I went to local shop who sent Mercedes ECU to those "Repair " Shop for repair and got back , car will not start anymore , Before had some Circuit open codes but car was running.

They killed ECU , no communication at all, Now car Need other ECU and programing , which I can still do it , but they made more damage then goods.

msdg137

TDI
09 Q7 TDI
Audi covered the ECU under warranty and she runs like new. Audi of North America was great to work with and got things taken care of swiftly.

If you think something should be covered read through the stipulations and details.