Ecu change???????

Dandez13

TDI
Bora tdi se 90
Hi i have a 1.9 tdi se bora and someone has gave me a pd130 ecu clocks and keys. But will the ecu work on my non pd engine? Help!!!!!

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
No, wrong plugs and also the ALH uses a vnt type turbo but the AGR usues a wastegate type so one needs vacuum to work and the other uses pressure.

I take you have the AGR and want more poke?

The AGR is an ALH apart from the turbo, you could use the ALH engine wiring loom, turbo, N75, cranks sensor and ecu to convert it to vnt then your options are wide open. The ALH ecu can take a straight map through the obd port and you can use the PD130 and PD150 turbo or bigger even.

You'd need to check what's what for the wring to the cabin but there's a plug board at the drivers side under the wipers where the wiring connects from the ecu so shouldn't be to difficult.

If you're not after a lot of power then bigger injectors give a nice bump, 0.220's or that.

Layerz

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A4 2.5 TDI AKE
No, wrong plugs and also the ALH uses a vnt type turbo but the AGR usues a wastegate type so one needs vacuum to work and the other uses pressure.

I take you have the AGR and want more poke?

The AGR is an ALH apart from the turbo, you could use the ALH engine wiring loom, turbo, N75, cranks sensor and ecu to convert it to vnt then your options are wide open. The ALH ecu can take a straight map through the obd port and you can use the PD130 and PD150 turbo or bigger even.

You'd need to check what's what for the wring to the cabin but there's a plug board at the drivers side under the wipers where the wiring connects from the ecu so shouldn't be to difficult.

If you're not after a lot of power then bigger injectors give a nice bump, 0.220's or that.
Are the AGR's the ECU's that were factory socketed? If so mapping is a whole lot easier.

Also as mentioned bigger nozzles and it wastegated then a bleed valve isn't off the cards if you want to work around a remap?

Dandez13

TDI
Bora tdi se 90
Im new to all this so not sure about engine codes and mods etc, i have a problem with my boost its intermittent, changes the solinoids but someone reckomended a ecu with more poke in it to add power aswell

Layerz

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A4 2.5 TDI AKE
Re boost intermittentcy I'd check that out first.

Do you have a MAP sensor on the IC piping or is yours the ECU type like MK3's had with a pipe going to the ECU?

Layerz

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A4 2.5 TDI AKE
My air mas sensor is on my intake coming off my airbox
That's normally the Mass Air Flow sensor, the MAP is the manifold absolute pressure sensor is usually on the IC return (on my car post Intercooler).
I understand some models that have a wastgate turbo have a vacuum type hose that goes to the ECU and MAP is read there, this was on older MK3 models and I don't think common in the UK, but I also know these thin hoses are prone to getting clogged up.

This might however be totally irrelevant on your Bora, but just thought it was worth asking.

Dandez13

TDI
Bora tdi se 90
Someone has told me to clean those thin hoses out and see how i get on, but i think my bora is a import as it has ac and a sunroof standard, and if i do a reg check for parts ir insurance it just states its a red vw

Layerz

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A4 2.5 TDI AKE
I'd say we might need a few pics of your engine and the hoses etc... But I think you might find answers in the Mk3/Mk4 section if you've got a normal running issue that you need resolving before tuning.

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
Im new to all this so not sure about engine codes and mods etc, i have a problem with my boost its intermittent, changes the solinoids but someone reckomended a ecu with more poke in it to add power aswell
Should be a label on the timing belt cover, AGR, ALH, also there's one in the boot by the spare wheel well.

Need to figure out which of the two engines you have first because they both use different turbos and can have different issues.

Wont be an import either, more likely just a crappy database, mine is a bora apparently even though it's quite clearly a golf lol

A pic of the engine wont tell anything either because the ALH and AGR look identical, only thing that gives it away is the turbo.

Anyway, ALH and AGR are the only 90BHP engines used in the MK4, map sensor will most likely be fitted to the intercooler which is buried down the front right behind the bumper.

Layerz

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A4 2.5 TDI AKE
wil never work
only thing to do is a chip tune
What wouldn't work?

Where I agree a tune is the best way forward there are other tuning options which are a bit brute force.

Dandez if you want a tune you'll need a chip tune which means having the ECU socketted or a chip soldered on.
In Leicester I've been told a straight no for getting a tune, let alone a slightly custom one for my PP764's.
Unfortunately tuners my way that I've managed to get hold off cba to solder as newer models are a quick plug and play tune as such.

There are some "stage 1" unlocked ECU's on ebay, there are also vendors on here that socket ecu's and do tunes.
Additionally check out self tuning thread if you so wish.

Selle

TDI
2000 Golf AGR 4Motion
What year is the car? My 2000 AGR (registered late 1999) have a tunable ECU, no socketting or soldering required

Dandez13

TDI
Bora tdi se 90
Sorry only just seen these replys, its a 2000 90 bhp tdi.
And layers is there anywhere you would recommend to take it?

Layerz

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A4 2.5 TDI AKE
I've been spending more time fettling with trying to measure performance bits and my 3D printer.

I'll be getting back onto proper tuning soon, but for 6 months or so I've used the Evry mod which has woken the car up no end.

I'll be sticking on the PP764's, a new bigger SMIC and finally will socket my spare ECU.

If you find anyone that does this reasonably let me know as I can't say I'm looking forwards to socketing. I do soldering on arduino stuff and the ecu bits are just a bit smaller and more fiddly.