ECOTRIC Skid Plate?

votive

TDI
2001 Jetta Sedan
Has anyone heard of or purchased an ECOTRIC skid plate?

Looks almost identical to Evolution Import's Atlas at literally half the cost. Might pick one up since Amazon is so good with returns.

votive

TDI
2001 Jetta Sedan
Not BBB accredited, multiple complaints about their products or service (make errors and won't ship correct one, etc). I would stay away.

I actually ended up picking it up, it's a beast. I've had it installed close to a month now. There's very little risk ordering off of Amazon so I gave it a shot.

It is an exact rip off of Evolution's Atlas skidplate. Everything down to the hardware is exactly the same, for almost half the cost. It doesn't come with instructions but I used Evolution's install video for the Atlas and I had 0 issues.

Not sure if I feel right supporting a company that clearly just ripped off another one, but it is an excellent product and way cheaper. In the end, we're all looking to save money.

Photos

ToxicDoc

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta, S7, .216
I guess with Amazon backing up the purchase you are right about the risk. I'll look at this then.

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
As long as we're looking at cheap knock-offs, anyone try this from the ever-popular (total sarcasm) hansautoparts (aka, the place where you DO NOT WANT TO BUY ANY CRUCIAL COMPONENTS).
(But I mean - $50!!)

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
But seriously folks, in the realm of skid plates, has anyone used these mounting posts with one of the Evolution or Ecotric (look - staying on-topic! :D) or similar skid plates?
Found a skid plate locally, but didn't come with mounting hardware; I know I can buy a kit from Evolution, but really, it's only the posts that I need, and I've found Evolution's rivnuts to be terribly flimsy; VW sells much better ones.
I'm just wondering if these would be the right length.