ECO-DRIVING / GREEN-DRIVING: we're not alone!

SUNRG

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None currently. Previously owned 04 Golf TDI & 05 Passat GLS Wagon TDI
I had no idea that driving for fuel-economy had such an enourmous following and support until reading the most recent issue of VW's Mobility and Sustainability magazine.​

I then began searching for eco-driving, and there were tons of hits. Here's just a few:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Some simple, but ingenious tips [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
with big effects:
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]More driving fun and a great experience
- clever mobility
- sophisticated driving style
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Better fuel economy
- less fuel expenses
- higher mileage per liter
[/FONT]
Lower environmental impact
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
- less emissions into the air
- saving of natural resources
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]More[/FONT] safety in traffic
- expanded scope of action
- less stress
[/FONT]

Some TDIclub.com driver's would be great Eco-Driving class instructors!

Happy Holidays!

JB05

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf,2005,anthracite blue
In addition to driving style, I am searching the mods threads to see what I might do for better economy. For example, chipping or converting to Euro
type (led) tail lights.
JB

wny_pat

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Jetta TDI
I followed the link SUNRG posted to the VW magazine. Was AMAZED to find out that German VW owners can no longer wash their cars at home. They have to go to a automatic car wash which recycles the water. It was a weekly ritual for them to wash their cars every Saturday or Sunday afternoon. I could never figure out how they did it with only one bucket for washing and one bucket for rinsing and NO HOSE! Never saw a dirty car over there in the 4 + years I was there, unless it belonged to a American GI. That sure is a switch around in 26 years. Bet that they can't do at home oil changes either! I do understand because of the ground water pollution, which was a major problem even back then. Look what we have to look forward to here!!!

Last edited:

RabbitGTI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
B4 Passat Sedan
""Bet that they can't do at home oil changes either! I do understand because of the ground water pollution, which was a major problem even back then. Look what we have to look forward to here!!!""

With a big enough garage and a door that locks you can do anything you want :)