Eastern NC anyone ?

TDI WannaBe

TDI
2002 Baltic Wagon
New Bern checking in.

Anybody got a good mechanic close to the Bern??? I am due for TB#3 160ish right now, I don't want to tackle it by myself.

I would help if anyone has experience, time and interest to do one as well.

Thank you in advance!

John

jaed_43725

Veteran Member
TDI
04' Jetta wagon
Lillington here. Its halfway between Raleigh and Fayetteville. I need a dyno tune. Anyone know of anyone around that can do that? If so PM me. Thanks.

fuzzybandito

TDI
2011 jsw 6mt
Raleigh here. Just picked up my jsw and itching to start tinkering with it.

Just need to find someone with a VAG-COM so i can do all those little "comfort" mods...

kirbfucius

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI
Another Raleigh guy joins the ranks! Can't wait to order VCDS for a few comfort tweaks. Of course, the real reason is diagnostic ability when issues come up, but the comfort tweaks are a nice bonus in the mean time. This month's car allotment is going to Thursday's tint appointment, though.

benIV

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 PG 5m Jetta GL Sedan, 2003 RS 5m Jetta GLS Wagon (Golf Variant)
New Bern checking in.

Anybody got a good mechanic close to the Bern??? I am due for TB#3 160ish right now, I don't want to tackle it by myself.

I would help if anyone has experience, time and interest to do one as well.

Thank you in advance!

John
Hey, used to live off of 70 just before Havelock, New Bern side, now I'm down in Swansboro.

I'm right at the same mileage as you. 155 and getting closer to TB#2.
I used a guy in Newport, I was going to use him for my TB#2 but I decided I wanted to do it myself.

Anyway, I'll have to find his name, but he lives in Newport and used to be a diesel truck mechanic. real good mechanic, very fair prices.

Last edited:

benIV

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 PG 5m Jetta GL Sedan, 2003 RS 5m Jetta GLS Wagon (Golf Variant)
How many are in the eastern part of the state...

I am not sure what the line would be, as to who's eastern and who's not, but I have seen one or two in wilmington, myself in Swansboro, and a few inland a bit more, and then obviously several in Raleigh

btw, Storx is apparently in South Korea now

mrGutWrench

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon, 5-speed, 563K Miles (July '23)
How many are in the eastern part of the state...
(snip)
__. I live in Wallace (40 mi. north of Wilmington near I-40) but I work in Kinston for a couple of months in the spring (NC Forest Service, "fire season"). Have VCDS but no belt tools - old man's back wouldn't let me do a belt change.

EcoRepublican

TDI
2006 Jetta TDi
Wilmington here.

2006 Jetta TDi Bought new which now has w/ 146k miles.

Very happy w/the car. 44.4 has been my best mpg.

The wife is picking up a new Sportwagon TDI...Today!

v-dub-u

TDI
02 jetta tdi 2010 jetta tdi, 92 corrado tdi
here in greensboro, got 02 jetta with a auto to 6speed manual swap, and a 92 corrado with tdi swap from g60ing. also got vagcom if anyone needs it in the area. :D

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No TDIs Currently, I have an R36 Corrado. I've had an ALH Corrado swap, AHU Corrado swap and 2003 TDI Jetta
here in greensboro, got 02 jetta with a auto to 6speed manual swap, and a 92 corrado with tdi swap from g60ing. also got vagcom if anyone needs it in the area. :D

If you listed all the VWs at the house over just the past 3 years the thread would be at least another page long

jajohn

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Golf, 05 Liberty, 10 Jetta
We moved to New Bern a couple of months ago, I spend my weekends there and weekdays up in the Clayton and Cary area.

lildevildee

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta w/6spd manual
Howdy folks. I'm about as far northeast as you can get in NC...Knotts Island. Been here for a few years now but haven't had a diesel for a while. Glad to be back in one.

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No TDIs Currently, I have an R36 Corrado. I've had an ALH Corrado swap, AHU Corrado swap and 2003 TDI Jetta
Man I didn't think anybody would be able to pull that on me :)

lildevildee

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta w/6spd manual
You know, I have to say that it seems pretty darn slow in here. Last time I was really active on TDI Club, I was just north of Seattle. I saw a GTG a few hours away ... any of the "locals" around here ever have any GTGs?

Littlecoalroller

TDI
2001 jetta tdi
jaclsonville nc im looking for someone who has a VCDS to use on my car making some weird noises its about time for a TB i want to do it my self but not a lot of knowledge on it any help would be nice thanks in advance