Dyno how ?

kilner

Veteran Member
TDI
golf gt tdi sport ppd170
Dyno dynamics

if i was to take my car for a dyno run is ther any reason an independent dyno company would want to plug my car into vcds and log block 1 engine values

to calibrate the dyno with the car ?

not had this happen on any other dyno i have visited and had a fair few runs on the dyno dynamics

Opinions please

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
Arosa CR - 550hp - 9.7 @ 150mph 1/4 Mile, Citigo 4x4 CR TDi - 340hp, Caddy 2.0 CR 4x4 TDI - 300+hp, Golf Mk2 Van 1.9 TDI - was 290hp, Mk5 Ibiza 2.0 FR TDi - 270hp, BMW 135d - 360hp, BMW 330d - 335hp, BMW 335d - 380hp + a few more ........
If anyone has a quicker and more accurate way of setting a dyno roller : Engine RPM ratio than OBD please let me know.

Guesswork ends in bad figures, we like 100% accuracy so our logs and graphs make sense.

We could have looked at Ch11 but that would have been 2 extra key presses :)

How do all the other places do it? Petrol's are better done off the coil for sure.

And lastly, what do you think we found out running the dyno brake at 60mph and making a note of the RPM at a steady throttle position?

m1ketdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Leon BKD
Most dyno operators will want to collect as much data as easily is possible. If the dyno doesnt need plugging into the OBD port on your power runs then stick your own laptop on with vcds and log the runs. Everyone loves data...

kilner

Veteran Member
TDI
golf gt tdi sport ppd170
ok fair enough i just dont see why it would take a mapper with his laptop pluged into my ecu to calibrate the tacho with his dyno

but if thats fine then its fine :)

SECONDLY you need more than 2 deg of duration and 1 deg of duration at the top to make more than 180bhp :D