Dyno GTG-tuning East Coast MD, VA, DC, PA, DEL

LiLredTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 jetta tdi pd-1989 Jetta IDI-1994 F-250 IDI Turbo
I would like to have my car dynod in the next couple of months. I am guessing there are other members interested as well. I have no idea of the availability or prices of dyno time but will check if there is enough interest. I will also contact Jeff from Rocketchip if there is enough interest and see if he can attend/tune.

States listed in title are just the ones nested around the DC-Baltimore area,but of course anyone could attend.

I will update this post with members planning to attend. When we get enough folks (10 or so) interested I will find out the particulars. I may have to collect deposits ahead of the day we choose to reserve the dyno time.

Interested members:

Lilredtdi
Leo819
chuckthemech
GTDI4
Kromicacid??????????
brucebanes
beachkokopelli
turbodiesel
Thewheel

Last edited:

kromicacid

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL - Fixed
Im interested if the place can handle 4motion (AWD) and AUTO Also depends on when... Getting married in the spring and have lots of events coming up to get ready for it...

Bob S.

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A B4V, some ALHs & BRMs
Frank; You mentioned next couple of months... Are you thinking pre-Impexfest or post Impex?

LiLredTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
bhonsee12 said:
Have you found out yet if RC would attend ? If so i would be interested.
I will aknowlage your post in the next to Bob S. (look below)

LiLredTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Bob S. said:
Frank; You mentioned next couple of months... Are you thinking pre-Impexfest or post Impex?
Hi Bob. This will not be an easy one to arrange. I have to contact Jeff to even find out if he will come or when he would be able to. Next matter would be finding a shop to accomadate us. Last would be getting tight, skeptical, non-comittal TDI owners to pony up cash in advance for a deposit to the dyno shop for dyno time.

So to answer your question, I do not know.........LoL.

If I get 10 names or so on the list that are pretty positive they would like to participate I will begin contacting Dyno shops and Jeff to find out his availability.

To anyone following this thread, unless we have a large quanity of people wanting to do this when the dyno deposits are in hand and dyno time reserved most likely there will be no refunds if you cannot attend.

Having a place provide dyno time is like renting something. Even if you travel all month you still must pay the rent to live there wether there or not.

Believe it or not, logisticly this will take me alot of time and effort to put together having to coordiniate/negoiate with dyno shops, Jeff and members.

Last edited:

Bob S.

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A B4V, some ALHs & BRMs
Frank; A couple of years ago, there was an area tuning dyno session that Jeff & Oliver participated & many others attended. The organizer was alleged to have made off with most of the money & many were burned. To get this done with their participation, You will likely need to get them involved from the very beginning. & It will be hard not to step on Impex's toes. Have you investigated the possibility of working with John to bring a mobile dyno to Impex? Just $.02 from the peanut gallery.

brucebanes

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta 99.B
I can come I don't know if going on a Dyno will be useful as I am pretty much stock till my warrenty runs out

LiLredTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Bob S. said:
Frank; A couple of years ago, there was an area tuning dyno session that Jeff & Oliver participated & many others attended. The organizer was alleged to have made off with most of the money & many were burned. To get this done with their participation, You will likely need to get them involved from the very beginning. & It will be hard not to step on Impex's toes. Have you investigated the possibility of working with John to bring a mobile dyno to Impex? Just $.02 from the peanut gallery.
Haha...........No problem peanut:p I was not aware of that. How would I be stepping on IMPEX's toes? "I" plan on going to IMPEX fest and am looking forward to it. Not to be stupid, but are there mobile dynos? I did find this site
http://www.smokemup.com/utils/dyno_results.php

and it looks as if there only 3-4 dynos in MD.

This idea was just off the cuff. You know I go for any chance to have a TDI GTG. I really hope we can put together a TDI/VW Oktoberfest GTG as well.

beachkokopelli

Veteran Member
TDI
VW 2003 Beetle
I'm interested in both the dyno run GTG and a VW-TDI Oktoberfest! I've been hosting the latter, without the VW's for 2 years now, as I brew my own beer. I usually brew 12 gallons which equals 120 - 140 16 oz bottles of 5% - 8% ABV. I'll be bringing some to impexfest. sign me up for the dyno gtg

LiLredTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Names have been added to first post. One more person and I will begin searching for a dyno shop.