DYNO DAY In TEXAS!!!!!!!!!!

bencarr23

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf 2013 white
ok i took you off. ok thats 1 less is anyone else out? all my goodies are on the way !!!!!!!!! i cant wait.

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
Still kind of a Newbie here!

Well, in getting acquainted with members here in Texas over the last couple of months, I have been asked twice if I was going to the Dyno Day event in Austin. Now that I have a feel for what it actually is, I plan to make the trip for the purpose of getting to meet some of you folks and learning a few things (like possibly performance enhancement options). I don't think I need to Dyno a stock Golf!

This (Golf) is my first "real" diesel car (I HAD a Chevy once upon a time:eek: - not worth discussing) and I am a curious engineer, so I have a lot to learn.

Question: Is there going to be a group from the Houston area trailblazing to the meet in caravan fashion? If so, how about letting me in on the details?

Thanks,

Tony

bencarr23

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf 2013 white
there should be a caravan coming from dallas , Houston , and i know there is at least one from beaumont so maybe he can meet ya'll .

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
2001 golf gl, 2006 jetta, 1981 ALH swapped rabbit pickup, 1998 beetle
aja8888 said:
I plan to make the trip for the purpose of getting to meet some of you folks and learning a few things (like possibly performance enhancement options). I don't think I need to Dyno a stock Golf!

Thanks,

Tony
Tony, quite the contrary. You should definately dyno your stock Golf. It will provide the ABSOLUTELY nessesary baseline to validate all other dyno #s. Please consider it. At the very least I think all of the other dyno participants should pay for your dyno so that a baseline is possible.

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
bencarr23 said:
Ill chip in 10 for it.
I suppose that would be novel, dynoing' a stocker...but, it may be a good thing to do as oldpoopie suggests. What would concern me at this moment is that I have only had the car a short while and it's history is only known through a stack of maintenance reciepts (very torough) from two VW dealers in Austin. The big repair was an IP replacement at 61K for leaking seals (no seal kit rebuild? Love those dealers!). The car is an automatic :)() as that was my choice as my wife doesn't want to learn to drive a standard after 30 years of automatics (and I do have to live with her). And she will drive it on occasion. Since the tranny is the weak spot in this car, are there any big worries about running it on the dyno for a test?

Ben, I will take you up on the $10 offer even if I have to pay the balance as long as the concern I have stated above is not an big issue (and I know nothing is guaranteed in this world). But I don't want to take a spot in the dyno line that would displace someone more "needy" who really wants to see what their performance changes have resulted in. If all the spots are not previously taken, then put my Golf in. Let me know what I need to do money-wise to get an open spot. I have a PayPal account if I need to put a deposit down.

Thanks,

Tony

bencarr23

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf 2013 white
Hey i was wondering if anyone is going to want to get anything at the gtg like injectors so i can tell the vendors who are coming or i guess they can just read this.

alphaseinor

TDI Innovator, Gone but Not Forgotten
TDI
'03 Jetta TDI 780,000 miles (totaled out), 01 Audi TT 225 Quattro 230,000 Miles (runs great!), 00 Cabreetle Beetle dash, ALH & MK4 harness Swap
I'll be there for the GTG, if there's dyno space, I'll put the wife's fit on it... still waiting for the arrival of "my precious"... not sure it'll be here by the dyno time...

as for the automatic... most people are curious about the power of the smaller nozzles, and the 11mm pump... It'd be interesting to see the difference in torque values at the wheel versus a stock 5 speed...

bencarr23

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf 2013 white
recieved it thanks. Kerma will be there if you want a tune and i think jeff might and so on. i look forward to meeting all ya'll.
Ben

bencarr23

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf 2013 white
Metro vw is sponsoring a high performance track day for their customers. Cost is 150 and includes up to six 20 minute track sessions with driving instructors on hand. Includes meal and t shirt. It is at the metro sport ranch June 1.

we can have another GTG a month later and put them on a track 150 aint bad. and would be funny for an a$$ load of TDI's to show up .
Ben

mtbr297

Vendor
TDI
2015 Golf TDI, Seat Leon FR PD 150 6 speed.
Tunes,

bencarr23 said:
recieved it thanks. Kerma will be there if you want a tune and i think jeff might and so on. i look forward to meeting all ya'll.
Ben
I will be there doing aligator tunes for anyone who wants one. Let me know what anyone may want in the way of nozzles, or whatever else from kerma tdi, and I will make sure some are available.

bencarr23

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf 2013 white
mtbr297 said:
I will be there doing aligator tunes for anyone who wants one. Let me know what anyone may want in the way of nozzles, or whatever else from kerma tdi, and I will make sure some are available.
I added that to the first page.

bencarr23

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf 2013 white
hey this aint gona fall thru is it . I know it only feb but only 2 have put down the deposit. Ya'll are plannin on coming right?

Oldman

Top Post Dawg
there are several dynos in Austin, I've gone to Colvin many times. I have raced at temple many times. The last time was a 36 car field of imports I lost in the semifinals, the other side had a by so I ended up 3rd. It is one of the poorest tracks in the world as the burn out box is right across the strip and there is a steep turn in into the stage. Temple was just paved so the mid track is very good. No way to hook a TDI... LOL. Oh I did a 14.11 with my Civic HX, a 14.51 with my volvo S40, a 15.8 or some crazy number with my TDI on Energy tires and the ability to spin into 3rd gear. I autoX and the Austin team is called the Spokes, there is one crazy fast GTI, the only diesel I saw run ever blew an axle. The are no AutoXs in Austin, we race at Texas A&M or outside of San Antonio which has a nice setup in the parking lot of the 1/4 mile drag.

Oldman

Top Post Dawg
no I'm gone until one of you guys can set me up with a manual diesel pump for my MR2 with TDI. I'm just too lazy to wire it myself... I know I know one month take my time use a 99.5 ECU not coded to the cluster.. Um easier with a manual pump... I just posted my turbo Civic HX's MPG for fun.. and grins. I would buy a diesel V70 in a second... but one can only hope.

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
2001 golf gl, 2006 jetta, 1981 ALH swapped rabbit pickup, 1998 beetle
Do you actually have a tdi motor bolted into an mr2? That would be neat. I thought when you last were around you were building a scion....

Oldman

Top Post Dawg
maybe... LOL
I've done lots of stuff, turbo Scion TC, max current upgrades on a S40 T5 with M6, turbo dual stage VTEC Civc HX, MR2 supercharger I'm working on the whole setup, but I already have so so many TDI parts and a whole engine so I figure I need just a manual pump... My boss just sent me an email wanting to sell her RSX-S to me for ceap... crazy. Anyway on the MR2 I would also need to get the auto trans working with a maual pump. I know just buy a whole TDI for the yard....

Kerma, your stuff is crazy.... I saw your name in the last VW mag... Like we always said the torque just blows stuff up... hence I will only consider a mid engine car with auto TDI...

KERMA

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta
Crazy, you don't know the half of it, you should see what we've got brewing over here at the new skunkworks... ;)

You know I bought Mickey's beetle. ;)

I am using the actual original 56 mm compressor wheel from his first hybrid turbo built by forced performance in my current hybrid turbo that's installed in that beetle right now. Funny how things go around here within this group. I ended up trading mickey that turbo for a stock one a few years ago when he was frustrated with modding and just wanted everything back to stock. I drove it for a while in my Golf, then sold it to a friend of mine in california, who abused the bejeezus out of it drag racing for 2 or three years. Then the cali guy bought an ST3a hybrid from me, and I got the original EB hybrid back as a core. We took the compressor out of it, and brought it back home to the Evil Beetle once more as an ST2b hybrid of our own manufacture. Brings a tear to my eye to think about it LOL

Last edited: