Dyno day/GTG

DIESEL DAZZLER

Veteran Member
TDI
81VW TDI PU,94 GOLF TDI,97 PASSAT TDI,03 ,06 JETTA TDI's,KABOTA DIESEL LAWNMOWER
State of the art dyno in LONDON ONT.,eddy current.can do 1/4 mile runs etc.
Planning a GTG at my house and then to London,10 min from house.Dyno cost 100$/hr or 3 runs/75$.
This would be after April,I will post more info in the comming months.

Vik F

Veteran Member
TDI
nil
fo sho

:D keep us posted gerry...

DIESEL DAZZLER said:
Planning a GTG at my house and then to London,10 min from house.Dyno cost 100$/hr or 3 runs/75$.

Toronto_Vento

Top Post Dawg
TDI
01 Baltic Green Bora
Someone let Nigel know. He's been itching to get his car dynoed. I'd probably hook mine up and see what happens. Lightly tuned, but still interesting to see what I put out.

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
Arrgh!! I would fly back just to be in attendence! Hmmm..... I have an open ticket back to Toronto that must be used before June 29th, and no other time to use it, unless the ticket can be extended to September, which is when I plan to be back for about 1 month or so... Hmmmmm indeed!

Keep us posted, Gerry!

TDIMeister

TDI
TDI
Gerry, maybe the shop would be willing to deal a discount if there is sufficient interest to pay by time and book an entire Saturday for your group.

Let's say book 6 hours, each person paying $75 guaranteed 3 runs (need 8 people to pay $75 up front for the 6 X $100) and more runs if there is enough time. Usually there is lots of wasted slack time when the dyno is sitting idle between people working on their cars for before/after tweaks, etc. Driving the cars onto the rollers, making the runs, and driving off take very little time. There no reason why you can't get double or more the number of runs within the available time among a group of cars if the runs are properly co-ordinated and scheduled on a "when you're ready" basis.

I would love to see how your truck runs with all of the mods in place, and also if possible a before/after of the cam... I think 220+ is not out of the question...

Last edited:

TDIMeister

TDI
TDI
Bumping this to the top. Any possible dates being tossed yet?

Gerry has an LSD in transit and looks like it will be delivered on Monday. Gerry has some excitings thing for his truck and I'm eager to see how she rolls on the dyno. :D

Gerry, how about contacting Jeff to see if he would send you a revised program? :)

TDIMeister

TDI
TDI
Let's see how effective your working out is... you can treadmill on the dyno and see what you churn out :D ;)

sudburytdiguy

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta, Platinum Grey
Any more info on this??

I just ordered a GHL cat back today. :D
Maybe eventually do the down pipe too but I don't know about finding a scrubber (cat) to replace the current one, they aren't the same as a gasser if I'm thinking correctly.

Toronto_Vento

Top Post Dawg
TDI
01 Baltic Green Bora
Not the same as a gasser, and exhaust work is definitely not worth it on these cars. You'd get just as good results chopping off the rear muffler.

As for the treadmill idea...riiiiiiight...I don't think the dyno could measure such high numbers. :D

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
DIESEL DAZZLER said:
Its March now......1 more month to go :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Toronto_Vento

Top Post Dawg
TDI
01 Baltic Green Bora
*grabs some popcorn and waits for Dave to tell the story*

And Vik...you know as well as I do the effect of exhaust work on these cars. Maybe a little quicker turbo spool, but not really any big performance gains (if any at all). ;)

Vik F

Veteran Member
TDI
nil
ummm...all depends upon your LEVEL / stage of mod.

quicker spool up - not maybe..IT DOES...at all speeds...from rolling to hwy cruising.

but aggreed...exhaust works should NOT be a "to do" list priority untill u enter the tail end of stage 2 level mods...better yet...throw it into stage 3 level mod list.

that said, any level of tuning can / will appreciate a bigger DP and muffler-ectomy

Toronto_Vento said:
*grabs some popcorn and waits for Dave to tell the story*

And Vik...you know as well as I do the effect of exhaust work on these cars. Maybe a little quicker turbo spool, but not really any big performance gains (if any at all). ;)

Last edited:

TDIMeister

TDI
TDI
Well, Gerry is coming to visit Europe in mid-April so I think the dyno day might be pushed back a bit. :)

He should be coming back to Canada with some Euro goodies for his truck, though. :)

Toronto_Vento

Top Post Dawg
TDI
01 Baltic Green Bora
Hmmmm...Dave...wanna throw in some Euro goodies for an A4 Jetta? HA HA HA. Naw...the one big euro mod I want to do is going to get pricey, so I'm not so sure if I'll go through with it. If you want to take a quick look for me, let me know by PM, and I'll let you know what I'll be looking for. :D Shhhhhhhh....everyone else will find out when it goes onto the car. ha ha ha

TDIMeister

TDI
TDI
Gerry, try to influence your wife to rent a kick-butt rental car while you're here. Yeah, I know what all you married people will be telling me... "Dave, haven't you learned? You'll never have any influence on your wife." ;)

:D

TDIMeister

TDI
TDI
John, PM or e-mail me. It's 1:40 a.m. my time. I'm done for tonight :)

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
Ditto.

Once I get my transmission woes sorted out, I want to dyno my car with RC4 & Unitronic. I just got a spare ECM (Thanks Kostyas), so I hope to get Unitronicized soon. It will be an interesting comparison. I also want to see how I stack up against Vik.....you coming Vik?

TDIMeister

TDI
TDI
What transmission woes, Nigel? Is the torque too much for the tranny to take?

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
TDIMeister said:
What transmission woes, Nigel? Is the torque too much for the tranny to take?
Yep. I think my diff is gone. The car drives fine till the gear oil gets warmed up, then I get an awfull clicking noise. I know its not the CV joints as that was my first & obvious guess. But after rotating one wheel at a time, the noise is constant. If it were a CV joint, it would only make the noise when one wheel was turning.

I may have found a used tranny for $500 (tanks Rob), so I'll swap it out next weekend. At least I have my VR6 axles & flanges to do that swap at the same time :). I just need to find a Peloquin diff to rebuild my old tranny for when the new one goes :rolleyes: