DSP "Foam Fix" Blend Door plug kit

alphaseinor

TDI Innovator, Gone but Not Forgotten
TDI
'03 Jetta TDI 780,000 miles (totaled out), 01 Audi TT 225 Quattro 230,000 Miles (runs great!), 00 Cabreetle Beetle dash, ALH & MK4 harness Swap
The plug kit we designed and have been installing in our customer cars for years is now available for sale.

Basically, if you don't have heat, or are tired of being pelted by foam coming out of your vents, this is the kit for you

These are made in house, and typically ship the same business day

We have tested this design to be 100% reliable, no popping out, and doesn't have the "tinny" noise the doors make when they only have tape, or sheet metal covering the holes.

As Featured on Humble Mechanic's YouTube Channel

They work on most "foam on metal" blend doors, and includes plugs for all styles of blend doors.
  • A3, and A4 platform cars (golf, jetta, beetle, Old Audi A3)
  • B4, B5, B5.5 Audi A4, and VW Passat
  • Mk1 Audi TT
  • Porsche 996 and Boxter

Will likely work on
  • Eurovans
  • Rialta RVs
  • A2 platform VWs

Installation Guide (doesn't include disassembly of dash):

Where to Buy

Last edited:

alphaseinor

TDI
'03 Jetta TDI 780,000 miles (totaled out), 01 Audi TT 225 Quattro 230,000 Miles (runs great!), 00 Cabreetle Beetle dash, ALH & MK4 harness Swap

alphaseinor

TDI
Just purchased. I did the tape a number of years ago and it's failing. So this seems like a great option.
Yeah, that's what drove us to develop these plugs... after the tape failed we also were making tin copies of the doors, and wanted a faster, easier solution.

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto
Just ordered 3 kits. One for my brother, one for myself and one for a local buddy. Will be pulling my brothers dash in a week or 2.

alphaseinor

TDI
Just ordered 3 kits. One for my brother, one for myself and one for a local buddy. Will be pulling my brothers dash in a week or 2.
Thanks! shipped those out today.

DanG144

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 A4 Jetta 5spd
Just ordered one kit for my 2005 BEW Jetta Sedan. This looks to be very much of a time saver in the tight confines you have to work in.
Any kits coming for the exterior air door or the director door?
Thanks for mentioning the off gas period, and your choice of application products.
I was considering using Permatex High Tack.

alphaseinor

TDI
Installed mine, it's nice to have warm heat and cold a/c again, best money spent in a long time.
Thanks, always nice to get things back to where they should have been

alphaseinor

TDI
Just ordered one kit for my 2005 BEW Jetta Sedan. This looks to be very much of a time saver in the tight confines you have to work in.
Any kits coming for the exterior air door or the director door?
Thanks for mentioning the off gas period, and your choice of application products.
I was considering using Permatex High Tack.
The "air filter door" is a solid door.

As for the type of adhesive, we tested quite a few (about 50) and the victor reinz had the least amount of time for outgassing. All held the whole time during testing.

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto
Did my brothers car today, reassembly tomorrow. Used the suggested Victor Reinz material. Great product!

sriracha

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta Wagon 5mt, 1982 Rabbit truck (gas)
Just ordered a set!

Last edited:

csstevej

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 golf tdi 4 door auto now a manual, mine, 2000 golf 2 door M/T son's,daughters 98 NB non-TDI 2.0, 2003 TDI NB for next daughter, head repaired and on road,gluten for punishment got another tdi 2001NB,another yellow tdi NB
I bought three sets of these for my cars.....thanks Alpha....

Vwkaferman

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon
Woot, just ordered a set as well. And howdy, originally from Wichita Falls, graduated from Burk in '92. Dad, step Mom and step sister still live back in W.F. :)

James

alphaseinor

TDI
Woot, just ordered a set as well. And howdy, originally from Wichita Falls, graduated from Burk in '92. Dad, step Mom and step sister still live back in W.F. :)

James
Nice! sorry I didn't see this until now... for whatever reason my notifications weren't active.

paul_cat

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf TDI [ALH]
is it true that this kit does not fit the 2-door GL TDI model from 2001?

Also the video makes it look like a LOT of work to get in there, is it really that complicated?

csstevej

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 golf tdi 4 door auto now a manual, mine, 2000 golf 2 door M/T son's,daughters 98 NB non-TDI 2.0, 2003 TDI NB for next daughter, head repaired and on road,gluten for punishment got another tdi 2001NB,another yellow tdi NB
Says who?
3-5 hrs of work , suggest doing it in a heated garage or wait till it’s warmer……not difficult but you will break some of the plastic tabs as they get brittle with age while removing some of the panels……
Just did this on my spare vw NB…..took me about 5 hours.

alphaseinor

TDI
Considering I've owned a 2001 golf 2dr TDI, and developed the kit using it, I'd say that claim is unfounded.

Difficulty is in the eye of the beholder. I consider this more difficult than an oil change, but less difficult than assembling IKEA furniture.

Mozambiquer

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2012 Audi Q7 V6 TDI, 1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI, 2005 VW Passat wagon TDI X3, 2001 VW golf TDI, 1980 VW rabbit pickup,
The humble mechanic video is a bit more involved. I just installed this kit on my golf and it was great. I just pulled the radio cage out and pulled the front of the HVAC box off and put them in through there. Thankfully I have long fingers.
Heat was restored and I'm very pleased!