DSG Shift Mechanism Broken... HELP

JETaah

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
96 B4V, 2005 BEW Beetle, 2005 Jetta Wagon
I would check the switch and wiring

I wasnt able to service My New AC Compressor and system because of an Out side temp sensor! $8 part VCDS called for a $340 controller.
Not to veer far out of the OP's lane but I'm curious how the fault code read?

jhammer5150

TDI
06 jetta tdi, 13 passat tdi
There were more codes than you could count- in almost all modules... most were of the "no communication" type. I would post it here, but I'm not too savvy with computer stuff

jhammer5150

TDI
I've gone through and checked all connections, plugs, fuses... I'm pulling my hair out now...

jhammer5150

TDI
Went through the fuses again, only, this time, I decided to check the fusible links on the front of the fusebox, and discovered that the 200A link was burnt. Of course, no one in town has anything in stock, so I can't replace it until the ($3) part (that costs $11 to ship) shows up... Only thing I can think may have happened, is, I may have arced the positive battery cable across it when I was pulling things apart or putting them together... Stay Tuned...🤞🤞🤞

jhammer5150

TDI
Got the fusible link in the mail today, plugged it in, and everything is the same. Is it possible that the ECU is fried? The car starts, but that's it. It won't go into gear, I can't even shift it out of park without overriding it... Dash is lit up like Christmas, etc. The little light that looks like a steering wheel flashes alternating from red to yellow, which makes me think that it may be the place to start... Anyone??

JETaah

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
96 B4V, 2005 BEW Beetle, 2005 Jetta Wagon
I have not seen you post any fault codes. Have you run a scan of the controllers? You are bound to have some.

jhammer5150

TDI
I appreciate being a smartass as much as the next guy, but I would appreciate it if people would read the entire thread before acting out. My problem is this; I am not computer savvy. The computer that I am using here is an apple. I had to go out and purchase a cheap windows based computer to use with the VCDS in my garage. It has not been set up for email, etc. I have tried attaching photos to this post with no success. I am sorry that I cannot show everyone a proper picture of Christmas, but every trouble light on my dash is lit up when I turn the key on (stays lit up too) Believe me, I am more frustrated than anyone with this. I do appreciate everyones interest in trying to help, but I probably need a computer class or two before entering into this realm... I will be taking the car to a mechanic for proper repair at this time, even though it goes against my core. Sorry

Dennis123

TDI
Audi a3
hi mate, did you ever find a resolution for this? I have the same issue and don’t know where to start