DSG service kit

bigb

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Sportwagon S
What are you guys using, I need everything including the tool to pump it in. Not really on a budget and don't mind paying for good stuff. I need all the parts, fluid and fill tool.

bigb

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Sportwagon S
I bought my DSG service kit/tool from idparts.com.
They have everything you will need...
Thanks, I was just looking at that, seems like the way to go. I will probably just buy their 40K service kit and do everything at once.

ProfBrown

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SE DSG
I plan on doing a top fill this Sunday for my car, I hear it’s a non issue, and plan on using a long funnel to make it easy.

I purchased the IDparts fluid and filter set, with their 14mm Allen key and 24mm socket as I have neither sockets at home. Faster delivery than amazon, and no local stores had them in stock/fair prices.

The idparts funnel gravity fill tube is back ordered till near July last i had looked which is why I plan on doing a top fill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigb

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Sportwagon S
You guys that do the top fill, do you still wait for the fluid to come to the specified temp then remove the drain plug to set the proper level? Or do you just measure what came out and put back the same amount? I heard the top fill can take a couple hours, is that true? Knowing me I'd put in too much too fast and it would over flow and make a big mess

tactdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2005.5 Jetta
It took me about an hour (just over over) to fill 5 liters of fluid. It drained
about 4 1/2 liters, and after getting to temp and draining, about 1/2 liter drained out.

Before filling with fluid, you do put in the inter tube (8mm), and then the
drain plug (14mm). Fill with fluid, measure what drains out, add at least
that much back in. Start the car, shift the trans through the gears, and wait for the fluid to get to temp (40C), using either VCDS or a temp gun to check the temp, then remove the drain plug only (14mm), let the overflow fluid drain, while
the car is running, then replace the drain plug and tighten when the fluid stops.

bigb

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Sportwagon S
So for the drain plug it's just a 14mm hex bit like this? And an 8mm hex bit for the standpipe?

paperthin

Veteran Member
TDI
15 A3 TDI
Top user fill user here. First time I was slow, and it took me like 2hrs, but I wanted to take my time. I didn't even bother with measuring temp. I measured 4.4L out and put in 4.5L and closed it up. The pour is slow. Next time I will do it in one hour.

tactdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2005.5 Jetta
The 8mm standpipe is plastic (at least on my car), so be careful removing and installing using the alien wrench, it should not be very tight when removing and installing.

ProfBrown

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SE DSG
The 8mm standpipe is plastic (at least on my car), so be careful removing and installing using the alien wrench, it should not be very tight when removing and installing.

Pretty much hand tight from what I read/saw.

Any idea that leaving the fluid jug in warm sink water before pouring while help it fill a bit faster?

15TDICommuter

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW
You guys that do the top fill, do you still wait for the fluid to come to the specified temp then remove the drain plug to set the proper level? Or do you just measure what came out and put back the same amount? I heard the top fill can take a couple hours, is that true? Knowing me I'd put in too much too fast and it would over flow and make a big mess

Didn't mess with temps. It was a year ago so I don't recall exactly, but the way the drain is set up on the bottom lead me to believe that any excess was able to flow over. The plug was removed and some fluid came out, after removing the standpipe the remainder (majority) of the fluid came out. Closing in on my 80K mark so I'll be doing that this summer. Planning to repeat unless someone can convince me otherwise. Volume out = Volume in, various sources saying 4.5L-4.7L.

bigb

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Sportwagon S
I ordered the Walmart funnel that fits right into the filter hole as was linked in the other thread

pebjr

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta; 2015 Golf S
I use the bottom fill method and do it by the manual. I measure the temp with VCDS and I also torque everything to spec. I never had an issue with either my Golf or Jetta

GreenLantern_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GOLF SEL
Pretty much hand tight from what I read/saw.

Any idea that leaving the fluid jug in warm sink water before pouring while help it fill a bit faster?

It does yes. I heat mine to 140* ish. Takes 45 min to put all 5Ls in.
And to others that have asked put all 5 liters in.

ProfBrown

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SE DSG
It does yes. I heat mine to 140* ish. Takes 45 min to put all 5Ls in.
And to others that have asked put all 5 liters in.

When i did mine it took far less than 45 minutes to put in the fluid lol. Just did it on Sunday, went smooth, hardest part of the job is finding spots to jack up the car lol.