Drooping Pano Sunshade Options

upsbroke

Veteran Member
TDI
98 NB and '13 JSW
I'm five months past my CPO warranty on my '13 JSW and the pano shade is now drooping. I'm 66 years old and 6'4" and redoing it myself isn't going to happen. And as far as spending nearly $2k for the dealer replacing it isn't going to happen either. The sunroof has been ceramic tinted so the loss of the shade won't hurt much. What other options are there?

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914
Some here have used a reflective type foam and cut to fit the Pano. The ceramic makes a huge difference

taleAwaggin

Veteran Member
TDI
rollin in my two point oh, panoramic back so my hair can blow
I'm thinking about painting mine from the outside. I personally do not understand the point of having the ability to see through it. Heat reflective paint $ (aka white) versus ceramic tint $$$$. I also thought about a reflective (light color) wrap or flex coating, but that would probably run a few bucks more than run of the mill paint.

I would then try to rip out all of the fabric shade including the metal frame that rides in the track. Or maybe just leave the metal frame in there if it put up a fight.

Last edited: