Driv'n EZ's Jetta TDI

Driv'n EZ

Veteran Member
Driv\'n EZ\'s Jetta TDI

While over at BoraTDI's today we snapped a few photos of the cars. Thanks to Fred for creating an environment where we can meet. Whenever I get together with other TDI drivers, I always enjoy myself and my company. Here's a shot of the Jetta with BoraTDI's Golf in the next parking place.

[ February 08, 2002, 18:12: Message edited by: Driv'n EZ ]

Driv'n EZ

Veteran Member
Re: Driv\'n EZ\'s Jetta TDI

I debadged the Jetta and used magnetic sheet to attach a 1955 license plate originally designed for a Beetle. I picked it up at auction including the bracket. The D of course stands for Deutch. The year picks up on my own beginning.

Driv'n EZ

Veteran Member

The rims are VW Rave 16" with Dunflop SP5000's rolling around. The Dunflops have Double A traction rating which indicates superior road grip when stopping. A huge safety factor. These are the same size tires that come standard on the NB, and offer a slightly wider stance in tread width.

Driv'n EZ

Veteran Member

I just completed installing Leather Seats from Katzkin Leater Interiors, Inc. During the installation, I pulled the passenger seat out and drove around while I worked on it a few moments at a time. Of course this threw a code and Bora and I hooked up his Vag Com to my laptop and we cleared the airbag code.

The good looking Golf behind me is BoraTDI's Golf

If any of you are considering the purchase of a Vag-Com diagnostic tool from Uwe Ross, I want to give you my opinion. Uwe quickly replied to email questions and provided accurate and professional answers. I highly recomend this tool, and when I scrape up a couple hundred bucks, I'm ordering one. Well worth it.

[ October 31, 2001: Message edited by: Driv'n EZ ]</p>

Driv'n EZ

Veteran Member

A couple of interior mods include an
aluminum /leather Momo shift knob...

and a set of Audi TT pedal covers. The TT clutch and brake pedals replace the OEM VW parts and the Accelerator pedal slides on top of the OEM VW pedal.

Here's my satelite based navigational aid. On the way from Chicago waterfront back to Bartlett, Il, I found a straight open section of road at 11:00 pm. Wide open road. Full Moon. I just had to find out what this car would do. Here's the evidence.

[ November 11, 2001: Message edited by: Driv'n EZ ]</p>

Driv'n EZ

Veteran Member

During a GTG in 1990, we assembled an assortment of Silver Jetta TDI's. A year later, I'm finding myself looking back at the friends I have made and the good times we have shared. Next to me is my wisconsin brother g.

hallopt45

Veteran Member

Driv'n EZ,
Your ride looks awesome as usual. I hope you and the family are doing fine.

Am I crazy or did you do some lowering of the front and back?

If you did let me know how you did it.

Driv'n EZ

Veteran Member

Hallopt45, You have a good eye. I installed an Eibach sport suspension (VW part) last year. It tightens up the suspension and lowers the vehicle about 1.25 inches.

jpmurphy

TDI
1999.5 Jetta White

Driv'n EZ
It looks great!!!
How many lbs do you tow with with your Jetta TDI. I have been towing a 1600lb boat 120 miles round trip twice a year on the highway for the last couple years without any problems, but I'm always scared I'm going to break something. The dealer said I should not tow anything with this car.

Driv'n EZ

Veteran Member

JPM, your experience with towing over the past couple of years is evidence of the great capabilities this car has that is not documented in the USA owner's manual. In Europe, these cars pull 3,000 lbs no problem. Their hitch set up is superior to the hitches we have here, but the car does well for the kind of towing you are doing. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the trip to the water with your boat.

GoneDiesel

Veteran Member

Driv'nEz you da man!
Nice ride! Bora your's too! I need to make it up there and hang with you guys for a day or two. I need to actually buy something from Will. Seems like everytime I try to buy something it never goes through.
Danix spoiled the last one. I have been looking to buy a camper to pull behind the TDI. I am limiting the weight of the camper to 1200lbs. Leaving about 300-400lbs for supplies, bikes, etc. Driv'nEz do you bottom out at all? The TDI looks great. What is Will running? Shine?

BoraTdi

Veteran Member

John, I've still got a used 5-speed timing belt tensioner, used belt, and stock suspension if you want them

S

SkyPup

Nice Nice Nice!

But I do have you beat with my Jetti which made it to 135!

hallopt45

Veteran Member

Drivn EZ I have the same GPS as you!!! I have been trying the same stunt with getting my speed recorded! I have only hit 117 mph.

Maybe I should add propane?

Driv'n EZ

Veteran Member

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by SkyPup:
Nice Nice Nice!
<hr></blockquote>

LMAO ... I just registered 504 MPH, but it was at 30,000 ft.

VWMIKE

TDI
2000 Jetta GLS, black/beige leather

Nice ride guy! I was able to hit 210km/h in my totally stock TDI, let me see that is about 132mph? I had four others in the car and the trunk was packed! These cars rock!

Driv'n EZ

Veteran Member

I've pulled a small trailer from North Carolina to our condo in Florida. The car easily handles the load, and weight isn't a problem. The air drag increases my fuel consumption by about 100% (reduces miles per gallon by about 50%), but the car handles well.

[ September 19, 2002, 04:32: Message edited by: Driv'n EZ ]