Drivers side power window switch interchangable?

kbrenny

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta wagon TDI
My GF has a 2000 Passat and her power window switch on the drivers door is broken. Does any one know if the same switch from a 2002 jetta will work?

I have a spare 2002 jetta drivers switch in the garage but her car won't be here until later this week to check if it is the same.

I just wanted to know if my spare will work or if I need to go ahead and find one for her car to install later this week.

forcedfedbug

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 jetta, Totalled late 11. 2012 Passat TDI w/DSG and a 2012 Golf TDI. Golf traded for a 2013 beetle
Not sure maybe someone else can answer it better as I never had a 2000 passat but my 2000 beetle driver side went out all the time. After 10-15 replacements from the Junk yard I started reusing them wiring the passenger door window to the drivers side windows. Can not believe any of the 2000 switches has lasted nearly 15 years as that peice broke all the time. She could use one of the back windows switches to run the drivers side if your spare does not work no?

Ron

kbrenny

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta wagon TDI
Just for anyone wanting to know the 2001 Passat drivers door window switch will interchange and work with one from a 2002 Jetta.

It worked for me, no problems.

DucMike

Veteran Member
TDI
none
For the record; that driver's side switchpack will interchange between any (4-door) MkIV Golf, MkIV Jetta or B5/5.5 Passat.