Drivers side Airbag recall

DaveTC

TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE
But that does NOT relieve VW for the responsibility.....
That is what I am thinking. It does not say VW of America or Volkswagen specifically. It just seemed like an odd way to sign away some of your rights when the repair is not available. I could see if one refused to have available parts installed that one should accept risks.

Blown284

TDI
2014 VW Passat TDI
Just received my letter and just had my 40k service completed. Once vw decides to do whatever they are going to do (hopefully they will buy back this car), I'll go get something else.

rwolff

Veteran Member
TDI
None yet
I just gad the clock spring cover recall service done at my service. One line item on the repair invoice that I did not see until after I got home was that the dealership told me about the airbag problem and I chose to drive the vehicle away unrepaired. It also stated that I waived the dealership from all responsibility for injury or death to the fullest extent of the law.
That's why it's important to read the invoice BEFORE leaving the dealership. That one is clearly crooked - slipping in that you refused to get a recall done when they didn't tell you about it and the parts weren't available.

I'd advise going back to that dealership IMMEDIATELY to get a SINGLE-ITEM work order taken care of - the airbags, citing that invoice #xxxxx incorrectly stated that you refused to get them done, and you want them done NOW. Make sure that's on the work order.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
He may have waived the dealership but not VWoA as they are the ones on the hook for recalls.

Not sure of the exact wording that was on the invoice, but it's rather hard to "refuse a fix" that isn't available.

I'm sure these are just words the dealer adds because there have been people who drop the car off and won't take it back until fixed regardless of parts availability, and they are just covering their butts for lack of action of VWoA.

Dismayed

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SEL-Premium TDI
Cars are complicated enough that they all likely have undiscovered issues.

Shawn MacAnanny

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI SE
Cars are complicated enough that they all likely have undiscovered issues.
I'm OK with an air bag not working. Bam! Hit my head on the padded steering wheel, oh well.

I'm not too keen on metal shrapnel flying out of my steering wheel. Like oh, man that guy just hit you, here, let me set off a small grenade where you face is going to hit.

Blown284

TDI
2014 VW Passat TDI
... U.S. regulators are warning that nearly 34 million U.S. vehicles may have defective air bags...
Sorry you're so bitter...
I'm bitter because of the way VW has chose to handle the whole diesel buy-back thing. They screwed the pooch and any potential future purchase from me based on their inability to get this right.