Driver Side Window 2006 Jetta gremlins

sptsailing

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta Manual, stock with Panzer Plate & Franko6 modified EGR cooler & CAM
Very odd behavior today with my Jetta, in that shortly after starting the car, I rolled all the windows down a bit to let some of the hot air exchange with outside air for a mile or two before turning on the A/C. The driver side window was down only an inch, but it would not go back up. I fiddled with the switch a bit while continuing to drive, activated the rear window movement prevention switch back and forth, trying all the windows. Still, the driver side window switch did nothing.

I have had to replace the driver door wiring harness early on, plus replace one or more windows switches already, so I know these are not robust electrical switches. Nothing else in the car had issues except it appears I apparently still need to change a light bulb somewhere according to the idiot light.

After accomplishing my errand at my destination, I tried the windows again. All of them now work perfectly. I ran a few more errands, and after every stop and start, every window again works perfectly.

The only thing I think might have something to do with the problem is that this to me is no longer a daily driver, but is used randomly, especially when I need to traverse longer distances here in the West Coast of central Florida. It had probably been more than a week that the car had not been used before today's window incident.

Since I know that computers control everything in the car, my guess is that some sort of electronic computer glitch was the issue. I have not checked with the VCDS yet, although even while typing this message I realize that is the next step, but I am wondering here on the forum if anyone else has seen odd window performance like this before?

Jbwoo

TDI
15 GSW 06 Jetta BRM
Check the “new” door harness. Sounds like you got out of the car and it worked again. Hence my suspicion of the wiring harness

TDI
2006 1.9l tdi BRM with a DSG trans code HXU
i had to take some emery cloth to my drivers side window switch in the electronic circuit there is corrosion on the connections that cause it to work and sometimes not. i left my windows open after a storm and then a month later my switches were acting up took it apart and then put it back together again after cleaning worked like a charm but passenger door motor for me is broken