DPF stats discussion

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
RIP-2010 Jetta 6spd 2014 Touareg Execline
Here's mine with some details that might help others compare\evaluate their results.
2014 CNRB, fixed, stock everything - using Stanadyne PERFORMANCE FORMULA® ALL SEASON at every fill.

Everyone's rates will vary due to many factors that influence operation, but people can formulate an educated idea by comparing to the rest.

Relevant information:
I acquired this vehicle in late '18 with 100k on it.
It was "fixed" just before I took ownership, so the first 100k of ASH are a result of whatever driving pattern the previous owner had, but without the AEM fix.
The next 8k until I recorded the values, were of AEM fix driving, under my ownership. Everything since has been a mix of DD, RV (~5k lbs) and utility (~2-3k lbs loads) towing, most split 30% rural/hwy & 70% urban.

What can I tell from this info?
My battery still needs replacing, as it's weak AF (I suspect it's the original)
It appears that the rate of ASH volume being acquired, seems to still be consistent with the pre-fix rate of the previous owner driving without the AEM fix.
If things remain consistent, I'm estimating that my DFP will reach full capacity ~340k based on current conditions. That's about 8 more years of use based on my current driving pattern.
Lastly, the DEF consumption rate indicates that my current DD use is drinking the stuff at an increased rate vs my prior pleasure\weekend use.

If anyone cares, I would encourage them to post the same info on their vehicles so that we can attempt to derive more accurate ASH generation rates.
The more data points we have, the more accurate our theories can be.

Disclaimer
I'm not interested in arguing with trolls, so if you don't have quantitative data I would suggest that you keep moving on and ignore this post just like I will be ignoring you and your posts! :censored:
If you want to educate or school me (or others), please bring data, not unsupported claims\stories. :sneaky:

Sword_of_the_Spirit

Veteran Member
TDI
All Makes
Here's mine with some details that might help others compare\evaluate their results.
2014 CNRB, fixed, stock everything - using Stanadyne PERFORMANCE FORMULA® ALL SEASON at every fill.

Everyone's rates will vary due to many factors that influence operation, but people can formulate an educated idea by comparing to the rest.

Relevant information:
I acquired this vehicle in late '18 with 100k on it.
It was "fixed" just before I took ownership, so the first 100k of ASH are a result of whatever driving pattern the previous owner had, but without the AEM fix.
The next 8k until I recorded the values, were of AEM fix driving, under my ownership. Everything since has been a mix of DD, RV (~5k lbs) and utility (~2-3k lbs loads) towing, most split 30% rural/hwy & 70% urban.

What can I tell from this info?
My battery still needs replacing, as it's weak AF (I suspect it's the original)
It appears that the rate of ASH volume being acquired, seems to still be consistent with the pre-fix rate of the previous owner driving without the AEM fix.
If things remain consistent, I'm estimating that my DFP will reach full capacity ~340k based on current conditions. That's about 8 more years of use based on my current driving pattern.
Lastly, the DEF consumption rate indicates that my current DD use is drinking the stuff at an increased rate vs my prior pleasure\weekend use.

If anyone cares, I would encourage them to post the same info on their vehicles so that we can attempt to derive more accurate ASH generation rates.
The more data points we have, the more accurate our theories can be.

Disclaimer
I'm not interested in arguing with trolls, so if you don't have quantitative data I would suggest that you keep moving on and ignore this post just like I will be ignoring you and your posts! :censored:
If you want to educate or school me (or others), please bring data, not unsupported claims\stories. :sneaky:
Pulled it off your vehicle. Anyone can reverse the end result with KNOWN values.

Pride mate. Your talk of and I quote, “density, materials, volume conversions, and where to find actual values in VCDS” and actually trying to make a point to the uninformed is laughable at best. Forgot to mention fuel type, oil temp, blow-by, oil evaporation, and others.

Keep posting information that’s dependent on you, your usage, and condition of a vehicle.

eyyopomps

TDI
2014 Audi Q5, 1998 MK3 Jetta, 2010 MK6 Golf, 2000 Jetta TDI
Here are my matching logs. 106k (miles). bought the car at the end of 2020 with 83K miles on it. the previous owner had the fix done a few years prior to that. I put the Kerma TDI tune on the car at around 93K. I'm not sure what is going on with my AdBlue stuff but I swear the car stopped using it after I put the Kerma tune on. No codes though.

Last edited:

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Based on your IDE03142 value of zero, I would say your DEF injection has been turned off with the tune.

eyyopomps

TDI
2014 Audi Q5, 1998 MK3 Jetta, 2010 MK6 Golf, 2000 Jetta TDI
Based on your IDE03142 value of zero, I would say your DEF injection has been turned off with the tune.
That's what I'm gathering. I called them they denied that DEF was no longer used but idk.. Wonder what will happen if I take my DPF out lol

gforce1108

Top Post Dawg
TDI
04 Jetta GLS BEW, 14 Audi A7 V6 TDI, 13 Porsche Cayenne V6 TDI
2014 Audi A7 (I frequent the "Audi SUVs (Q7 & Q5) and other V6 TDIs" forum. Purchased at 104k at end of march 2021 with 104k miles.

At 110k on 7/15/21, it went into reduced power mode with a DPF related fault.

Time since last regen: 37263s (I had just done a 200+ mile high speed drive a few days prior).
Soot mass calculated: 49.1g
soot mass measured: 52.36g
km since last regen 835333m

I had not logged ash load. I did a forced regen with vcds and the soot came down to around 1g A few months later, right before the warranty expired, I deleted it.

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Thanks for taking the time to post but it doesn't really provide any relevant info to the ash loads that I was attempting to gather info on.
At least you're deleted now and don't ever have to think about it again.