DPF sensors numbers 2015 passat

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Jetta and 99.5 Golf, 2015 Passat TDI,BMW 2
About a year ago 1 of my 2 DPF sensors melted completely the other one is semi melted too, can't see the numbers off either one, both the part numbers are missing one is irecognizable, back then I was able to buy one getting the number from the stealership, im not so sure it is the right number, im getting DPF sensor cel, and I've been trying to get the right part #, from different stealerships so it is confusing, and they are giving me all kinds of numbers, does anybody here happen to have the part numbers on both sensors, the one I replaced does not seems to be the right one, cause it's got 2 hose connection and I only have one hose, so I'm giving up trying again with the stealer, any help would be appreciated

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
RIP-2010 Jetta 6spd 2014 Touareg Execline
I assume that you are trying to say pressure sensors, so it should be this

Original was probably this rev
076 906 051B

But if you say you only have "one connection", I doubt that you're looking at a pressure sensor.... are you sure you're not getting confused with the EGT sensor?

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
.... or you're looking at the boost\air pressure sensor and confusing it with a differential sensor for the DPF...... that's the only similar looking sensor that I can guess it could be if it only has one nipple on it.....

What codes are your throwing? Any pictures of what you're looking at?

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
Yes pressure sensor

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
Number I got from stealer and I bought is 03L 906 051D, it looks like the one in the pic from ECS, and it's got the same number but I can only connect 1 hose there are not 2 hoses to connect to it

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Keep looking... you can't have a "differential" pressure sensor tell the difference between TWO pressures if you're only giving it ONE signal.....
Start at the DPF if you need to, and trace the pipes until you find your missing hose..... it needs to see the pressure before and after the DPF not just one of them.

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
Well I got 2 hoses but I also got another sensor with 1 hook up so I'm still missing 1 more hose

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
There is only one DPF differential pressure sensor. The other one is for the EGR system.

On the CVCA, I do not know which is which, but the two part numbers I have are:

03L-906-051-B

076-906-051-B

But my ETKA is sadly outdated so either or both of those numbers may have been superceded by now.

My gut reaction though when you said one was "melted" is that you have some other issue going on that caused that.

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
hot days over 100deg those sensors tend to melt, members are reporting that and it happened to my passat, those sensor should have been made aluminum or metal,

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Kind of weird that this happens to so many people, yet you can't even find part numbers or identify which sensors you are talking about.... it's probably 100deg and you can't see or something.....

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
You engine doesn't care if it is 60 F or 120 F. It is dealing with temps FAR higher than either of those. Those sensors should never be exposed to any levels of heat that would melt them. Those type of differential pressure sensors have been in use on many cars for decades (even my 1996 F150 has one!). And they used to be aluminum, and they corroded up and blocked themselves off due to moisture.

You have something else going on causing this, and keep in mind it may simply be a design flaw that has been made worse due to Dieselgate changes (like the heater cores that keep clogging up).

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Or some butchers were already under your hood and removed the heat shielding sleeves\wraps.... on my Jetta, my sensors are behind the reflective shield since they sit right behind\above the turbo.

pikewrench

TDI
CKRA, 2013 & 2015 Passat
The problem with the coolant precedes diesel-gate as I had my heater core go out prior on my 2013 Passat. The life time antifreeze is now 60K replacement according to the foreman over the repair shop at our local dealership.

pikewrench

TDI
CKRA, 2013 & 2015 Passat
Looking for some information on the routing of the lines to the pressure differential switch 03L-906-051B. I replaced the turbo and the switch (I broke a nipple in the turbo removal) and now have a dash engine light with high pressure on one side (VCDS reading). Are the two line interchangeable when screwed into the catalytic converter? This is on my 2013 Passat.