Dpf Removal white smoke

Seatexeocr170

TDI
Cr170 seat Exeo
Hello everyone. I'm new hear need some advice. So recently bought 2011 seat exeo St. Cr170.
It's been tuned to 240bhp and 485nm.
So it shifts. However the problem we have is the egr was mapped out along with dpf and regeneration. Then the dpf was gutted.
Now we have the dreaded white smoke on idle. I'm assuming this is unburnt fuel as it smells like it. So just trying to figure out what to do next. Any suggestions would be good.
Car drives like a rocket no issues. Just this white smoke.

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
audi a4 2.5 tdi 98 quatrro 6speed
I highly doubt you on 240 bhp on stock turbo…white, acrid smell is unburnt diesel fuel, blue is mostly oil…

Seatexeocr170

TDI
Cr170 seat Exeo
The map was stage 2.
Egr delete dpf delete Swirl flap delete
230bhp and 434nm. Plus what ever bhp was gained from dpf bieng gutted.
But iam going to get it dynod.
Furthermore it only smokes light white mist on cold and idle. Once upto temp there is no white smoke.
It's not burning oil or coolant.
So can only assume air fuel ratio is on idle and running to rich

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
Did you change the MAP sensor ? To get 240bhp out of the old bv43a you need to drive it at about 2.3-2.4 bar which I highly don’t believe it since the safe boost pressure is generally known to be about 1.9 bar…unless the turbo is a Garrett and not a kkk. What engine code is fitted to the car and what year ? Where abouts you’re from ?
The general consensus is the stock cp4 high pressure pump is good for about 240 bhp on stick nozzles, raising pressure in the ramp usually triggers limp mode…anyway 70bhp + on stock hardware is asking for trouble…I would love to see some boost logs or even your map file !!

Seatexeocr170

TDI
Cr170 seat Exeo
Adam is there any need to be hostile and doubtful of what I'm saying?
All I'm telling you is the Mods that have been done to get too the alleged 240bhp.
Obviously it's not running 240bhp possibly 220bho to 230bhp.
The engine code is a CAHA cr170 year 2011
All I'm concerned about is the fact it's over fueling on idle white fine vapour smoke that smells of diesel. Either the pump pressure is too high or air fuel ratio is too high.
I'm looking for help not hostility. I'm from Manchester.

Seatexeocr170

TDI
Cr170 seat Exeo
The remap was done by dtuk maps.
But I'm getting him to come back this evening and take the map off to see if it still. Smokes. If it doesn't smoke them it's his map. Then I will be sourcing a better. Rempper. For stage 2

clannnabanna

TDI
Golf 1.9tdi (mark 5)
Aye its 220bhp at the very most on a stock turbo

Yes you should try that method first & see how you get on. There are some poor mappers out there that would tell you anything!

Seatexeocr170

TDI
Cr170 seat Exeo
Thanks for the reply. Celtic tuning will be doing the map again. There claiming 227bhp with 450nm on ther dyno. But we will see wot it makes depending on this white smoke issue

clannnabanna

TDI
Golf 1.9tdi (mark 5)
My 2012 Leon (CR170) has 243 bhp due to:
GTC1556VZ billet turbo (2.1 bar boost).
2.5" turbo back straight through exhaust.
EGR delete.
Upgraded turbo outlet damper.
S3 alloy FMIC.
Inlet manifold cleaned out.
4bar map sensor.
2200 rail pressure sensor.
Remapped by one of the best in Europe (Jonas from Germany).

So any mapper telling customers (who are running a wee stock turbo) that their CR140 or CR170 is more than 220bhp are lying and/or their dyno is reading too high and needs calibrated to give a true (lower) bhp reading.

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
The remap was done by dtuk maps.
But I'm getting him to come back this evening and take the map off to see if it still. Smokes. If it doesn't smoke them it's his map. Then I will be sourcing a better. Rempper. For stage 2
Not meant to be hostile to you ! Just a bit vary if big power claims especially as I have had 7 exeo so far ! I have also a heavily moded st with big turbo…

Seatexeocr170

TDI
Cr170 seat Exeo
Cool man. What power did you gain from the same Mods.
So dpf delete/gutted
Pipercross panel filter
Swirl flap delete along with darkside development bracket
Smf conversion
Then alleged 230bhp remap 434nm map
(bare Inn mind celtic tuning also does the same map 227bhp 450nm) there's on a dyno.
I reckon my car is possible 220bhp I will get it dynod.
Think I have found the fault even tho egr has been mapped out its not been blanked.
Only getting smoke from idle upto 1809rpm so I reckon egr might be slightly open due to bieng carbond up. So going to take egr off on Saturday and clean it out and blank it off hoping this will solve issues

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
Cool ! I don’t have much praise for Celtic Tuning as about 10-15 years ago I had a car mapped by them which never ran great…don’t know why they even cripted their file with a no read tag ! I don’t know why keep secrets for yourself unless you’re ashamed of your bad work…time has moved on so maybe they’ve upped their game ! Not here to name and shame but I have seen enough tuners in my time…

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
I had 3” exhaust system with dpf delete, 4 bar map sensor and a hybrid turbo with bv50 internals for a while ! Never dynoed the car as it’s just for reference only ! I drive the car every day so I know when it runs good or not !

Seatexeocr170

TDI
Cr170 seat Exeo
What do I need to go over the 220/230bhp mark. Like say say 260+?
How much power will the twin smic take before upgrading to fmic?

clannnabanna

TDI
Golf 1.9tdi (mark 5)
On top of what you have you would need a cp3 fuel pump, uprated injectors, 4bar map sensor, S3 alloy intercooler & at the very least a 56mm billet hybrid turbo then remapped for 260bhp.

The standard fuel pump is only fit for 245bhp maximum.

clannnabanna

TDI
Golf 1.9tdi (mark 5)
On standard turbo 220bhp is the limit.
On standard fuel system then 245bhp is the limit.
You only really need to upgrade the FMIC if you upgrade the turbo.

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
Unfortunately the s3 style intercooler is only for transverse mounted engines, won’t fit the longitudinal engine as in the exeo. One can get a set of side intercooler a from the early b6 Audi A4 2.5 tdi engine- they are solid Aluminiu end tanks and can take 2.4-3 bar of boost with ease ! Alternately a universal FMIC can also be grafted in there and that will be much more suitable for high power ! You can fit a gtb2056vl with minimal expense or even a gtb2260vk with a little work, trouble is you loose the air box as the turbo stays higher up. As mentioned above injectors are good for a little over 240 bhp, you can squeeze a bit more with a cp4 fuel pump. 4 bar map is necessary to monitor what turbo is doing. Next on the list is clutch and there is no point to keep it FWD- a Quattro swap is mandatory!

Seatexeocr170

TDI
Cr170 seat Exeo
How many people have done the quattro swap on Exeo? Mine already comes with side mount intercoolers there a decent size? So bigger fuel pump. Bigger injectors? Bigger turbo? Does anyone no the best place to source bigger injectors?

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
There are few shops that can fit larger nozzles onto the stock injectors and generate a flow code you can button it into the ECU…speak to United Diesel or even drop an email to Darkside Developments- they had full modded Injectors on the shelf…
As for Quattro swaps, there are a few in Europe, I know of 2 Romanian expo’s with 2.7 twin turbo engjne of the s/rs4 b5 ! I also have all the running gear of a b7 Audi A4 2.0 tdi quattto in my garage, just not enough time to fit !

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
The stock mounted intercoolers are fine if you don’t intend to go above 2.4 bar of boost, they have plastic end caps and they come apart and leak because of turbo spikes!
Best upgrade is a fmic of the universal type grafted to fit and with alloy boost pipes with minimal joints and mikalor type clamps !

majesty78

Veteran Member
TDI
Skoda Superb 3T5 CFFB
56mm compressor does nothing over a upgrade 52mm wheel on the GTC15..VZ turbo, as its not the compressor causing the limit, but the small GTC15 turbine wheel.
With stock turbine you quickly hit EGT limiter when tuned, no matter if stock compressor, 52mm or 56mm hybrid turbo.

So I can only (as always) recommend to take ANY tuners hp numbers (especially those measured on their own dyno) with a big grain of salt and to check EGT after tuning.

You can squeeze out 240 or more hp from a hybrid, but only with raising or deleting the stock EGT limiter to unhealthy conditions for the engine and turbocharger.