DPF question

Dolcesails

TDI
2014 vw jetta
Hi all, first thank you for the acceptance, we have a 2014 TDI Jetta with 92,000 CEL came on took it to have the code read, showed possibly DPF then light went off drove the car bout 250 miles light came on and off again took it to a local guy and he told her between 1000.00 to 6000.00 to fix he said light is out sell it now, the car has been good to us I've seen some utube videos about forced regeneration....now she wants to get rid of the car and I told her lets get another opinion and see whats up any info or suggestions, thoughts would be greatly appreciated thx

Shoveltrev

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 new beetle deceased, 2003 jetta . 2002 jetta , 2012 sportwagon
that car is probably still under the dieselgate warranty. it would behoove you to check. there is a website where you can punch in your vin. im sorry i dont have a link for you. you can also contact your nearest dealer service department. they will tell you if it is .

Zawurah

Veteran Member
TDI
vwdieselinfo.com

Enter your vin in uppercase (it ignores lowercase VIN's).

Yes your vehicle should be under the extended warranty, and the dealer will fix it free of charge. The dealer will probably make you keep driving the car until they get parts in (which can take months). When they finally do the repair be sure to get a free loaner vehicle the dieselgate settlement provides.

Dolcesails

TDI
2014 vw jetta
DPF update, months later the car started to do the same thing as it did when we brought the car to VW they did warranty the DPF filter and the work, car started to have starting problems. back to VW they changed 1 of the fuel pumps a couple of months later it does it again they replaced an injector line polished the fuel replace the fuel filter a month later car sometimes doesn't start (original problem) the car goes back to VW now they are saying 3 of the 4 cylinders have low compression......Car Shield wiggled out of there end of the deal, the car runs great, getting 39 mpg no check engine light, I have read where VW doesn't have a fix telling other people the same thing needs new engine......car has 108,000 miles on it I have a video of what it does but don't know how to post it

MrCypherr

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk6 Wagon
Theres no way people actually think these celebrities give a sh1t about these companies and actually think they work. LOL, The things people fall for.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Car Shield is great for pulling up past things off of CarFax and denying claims based on some very vague "pre-existing conditions" fine print clause. It is quite comical what these places try and pull on people.

We've dealt with a lot of extended warranties here over the years... the ones that have commercials on TV are by far the worst. By FAR.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Theres no way people actually think these celebrities give a sh1t about these companies and actually think they work. LOL, The things people fall for.
They don't fall for it they jump in head and shoulders. Amazing what people look to for role models now days.

MrCypherr

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk6 Wagon
The ones with commercials I'm going to guess are the worse cause they have the most people going for them. So they have to be super picky but yet, make it look like they cover everything.